Center pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center pickup?

I have an Ibanez RG 1570 with a JB in the bridge and a jazz in the neck. Right now I still have the stock single coil in the middle that I want to change. It is wired with the hums split with the single coil in the #2 and #4 position. I am thinking of installing a duckbucker or vintage rail in the middle. My question is if I put one of these pickups in the middle will it still be hum canceling like it is now?

Also any opinions on what pickup to put in the middle? I generally use the center pickup for clean tones but ocasonally use it for leads. THANK YOU

Re: Center pickup?

if you want to keep splitting the buckers and want humcancelling in the middle than you need a single coil. if you dont want to split the buckers and want humcancelling then you need something like the duck

Comment

WOW that was fast!! Thats what I thought but wasn't shure. If I put a duckbucker in the middle and don't split the humbuckers will I still get a strat quak out of the #2 and #4 position?

Comment

yes but not quite as much

Comment

Thank you again for the helpfull info
          So now I wondering if what I want is to run the humbuckers in parallel with a duckbucker in the middle to keep the quak and it still be hum canceling in all positions? This is ultimately what I am looking for. That would be killer if it would work but I probably would need more than just the 5 way switch it has now. Buy the way I realy love both the JB and the Jazz in this guitar it was exactly the tone I was looking for. I also have a RG570 with a full shred in the bridge and neck that I love also. Duncans are the greatest

Comment

Working...
          X