Help for my Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for my Tele

I recently pulled out my G&L ASAT after quite some time playing a Fender Stringmaster steel. I tune it to a kind of strange open chord that that I pretty much have down, and I slide with it. Jason Lollar worked on my stringmaster and it has just the sweetest tone. My ASAT now sounds a little bright to me and I'd like a tad more crunch. It's swamp ash with a maple neck. I'm thinking JB jr. at the bridge, Little 59 or Duckbuckers in the neck. Opinions?

Re: Help for my Tele

Assuming that you have an ASAT Classic, then I would lean toward the Antiquity I Tele lead, Jerry Donahue, or STL-2 Hot, depending on how hard you want to hit the front end of your amp (those options are in increasing output). All 3 of those will have a sweet high end that responds well to roll-off of the tone control, and all three will crunch with the right amp setting. I think those 3 also will clean up better and have much nicer clean tones than most noiseless pickups.

Now if you have a standard ASAT with the large MFD pickups, then your choices are pretty limited. Rio Grande is the only aftermarket pickup maker in that game as far as I know, but I would think that Lollar could rewind your existing pickups to your specs.

Comment

Working...
    X