Phat Cat in a Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cat in a Strat?

I've got a Rondo strat coming in monday that I want to try some different pickups in. A Phat Cat crossed my mind for the neck. Any opinions on whether or not I would be able to get a good raunchy sound out of the neck pickup(even though its alder instead of mahogany)?

I plan on making it HSH, using a Phat Cat in the neck, winding a pickup myself for the middle, and using either a JB, Distortion, or Invader for bridge. If anyone has a few words on any of those 3 bridge pups, i'd appreciate that too.

Thanks guys.

(btw, guitar will be used for classic and alternative rock. From Tom Petty to the Goo Goo Dolls)

Re: Phat Cat in a Strat?

I thought a Phat Cat was a single coil (humbucker-sized P90)?

Comment

Originally posted by southadc
      I thought a Phat Cat was a single coil (humbucker-sized P90)?

Yeah, I meant HSH routed.

Comment

Anyone out there that's had a Phat Cat in the neck of an alder-bodied guitar?

Prolly gonna end up having to buy it and hope it sounds good.

Comment

I have a feeling that I may be bumping this for quite some time...

Comment

I have this Wamorth alder hardtail strat in the shop getting chrome Phat Cats put in it. Should be ready soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit2727
              I have a feeling that I may be bumping this for quite some time...
              You may be right. I don't think that many people have experience yet. I asked questions about a phat cat stack and got no response at all. Oh well, like you, I just placed the order without a whole lot of knowledge about it
              My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                You may be right. I don't think that many people have experience yet. I asked questions about a phat cat stack and got no response at all. Oh well, like you, I just placed the order without a whole lot of knowledge about it

Well, someone has to be the first to step out and see what's up, I did. You guys just go do it and we'll report back to others. It's gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X