switching out my blaze for something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching out my blaze for something else

The reason i got my blaze was the fact that i love the steve's special in my other guitar, due to calming harsh mids. However comma in my 25.5" 7-string it just sounds woofy at high gain and harsh at low gain. Im thinking about trying a higher output alnico pup so i get more punchy, yet sweeter gain. Im thinking the pegasus is probably my best bet, but i really had some great luck with the custom, custom5, and full shred for lower tunings in the past. Not sure here, because ive never had a 7 string before with the super thick A/B string vs just detuning a 6 string. Hell i might even consider a JB or alt8.

Im using lower gain tubes in my JSX for sweeter gain, so i need something that will deliver a solid punch to the front side of the amp instead of just a "flop" or a "thud" like the blaze.

How well does the nazgul clean up?

FYI, i use it primarily for prog metal and classic rock/blues

EDIT: After reviewing the tone chart, the pegasus might have too low of a resonance peak compared to the FS or C5.
    Last edited by rumblebox; 01-03-2015, 10:44 PM.
    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.
Working...
X