banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone sue the middle pick up in a strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone sue the middle pick up in a strat?

you can do that with the bridge on switch too, you just dont have the ability to blend in various amounts of the pup.
    i use my middle pup quite a bit. the middle pup on my guitars is almost always the lowest output and the brightest so when ever i go there i get a cleaner tone.

Comment

I am totally in agreement with you as I only use the middle with the bridge in the inbetween position to get that out of phase sound. Hot tip to fall in love with your strat all over again save your duckits and buy yourself a fender bassman they are a smokin combination.

Comment

I should clarify my last statement to read if you like classic rock and blues the combination will get the SRV sound.

Comment

another one who almost never uses the middle alone... IMHO it is only there so I can get the quack
          of course, it may be because I've never had a really good pup in the middle...
          roy
          royd
          http://www.soundclick.com/alexisd
          "once it stops bein' a mystery it stops bein' true"
          David Mowaljarlai - Ngarinyin Aboriginal Elder

Comment

Even if the middle pickup was horrible... I wouldn't sue it. I don't think it could pay me enough to cover the legal fees. As far as using it, I often use it alone, just because I have three different pickups in the guitar, and therefore, three different sounds. I have an A2P in the mid, so I use it rather frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by JSS
              Even if the middle pickup was horrible... I wouldn't sue it. I don't think it could pay me enough to cover the legal fees. As far as using it, I often use it alone, just because I have three different pickups in the guitar, and therefore, three different sounds. I have an A2P in the mid, so I use it rather frequently.
              Yeah, I've been through that as well. I remarried the neck pup and the mid pup sued me for alimony...the *****.

Comment

Originally posted by stratsandaks
                I never use the middle pickup by itself either. I tend to use the neck, bridge, and the bridge/middle positions the most.

I wish that switch position #3 turned the neck and bridge pup's on together.
                I have a two pup Blackmore Strat with a three way switch. It does just that. You could take your middle pup out of the circuit and wire the other two onto a three way switch.

Comment

the middle pickup is generally a cross between the neck and bridge, I'd say it sounds like a bridge humbucker, but with less treble, and a little thinner. Its good for anything, really
                  • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

i have my strat wired wird so that one of my combonations is neck/bridge, thats my favorite, i used it for distortion, and i use my middle for cleans. works great

Comment

I like the middle pickup of my Amercian Strat. It's a stock Fender. I play it clean and get real glassy, shimmering tones. It's very compatible with a phaser or chorus pedal too.

So sue me....
                      Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Probably due to me being a rank amatuer, but I tend to use pos #2 & #4 almost exclusively, with an occasional middle, by itself.

Comment

When I do play my Strat, I usually use the middle or between neck & middle positions. If I use the bridge pup, I usually roll off the treble very slightly.
                          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Working...
                          X