Guitar Electronics Book??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Electronics Book??

Can anyone recommend me to the most indepth and comprehensive guitar electronics manual for how all this gear works??
    Thank you, Oakus.

Re: Guitar Electronics Book??

Originally posted by Oakus
    Can anyone recommend me to the most indepth and comprehensive guitar electronics manual for how all this gear works??
    Thank you, Oakus.
    "Guitar Electronics for Musicians" by Donald Brosnac"
    You can buy it from Warmoth.

Comment

You can also try "Complete Guitar Repair" by Dan Earlwine. It covers other things besides electronics, but that section is quite thorough.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I have the repair guide and it is good but I bet that "Electronics for musicians" is better for your needs. Another good book on another topic is how to make your guita play better.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
          I have the repair guide and it is good but I bet that "Electronics for musicians" is better for your needs. Another good book on another topic is how to make your guita play better.
          That's Dan Erlwine's "How to Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great"; it is the setup Bible.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Brosnac's book is really good.

StewMac's Wiring 101 covers a lot of ground, and StewMac's "Free Info Sheets" are also helpful.

John Atchley's "GuitarNuts" site is also a great resource.

http://www.projectguitar.com covers a lot more than just electronics, and Guitar Rage has a lot of info.

Here's a basic article on Understanding Circuits.

You asked for something really comprehensive - unfortunately it's not all in one place .

Chip
            Last edited by Fresh_Start; 04-11-2004, 01:48 PM.
            Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
            Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
            Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
            SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
            SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
            "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

All of the previous, plus look up any books by Adriann Legg, he's got a couple that are good also if you are just interested in the electronics inside the guitar itself; If you want to delve into effects and what not then Erlwine's and some of Craig Anderton's books should help you out, they are advertised in just about ever issue of evry other guitar magazine out there, and in the resource pages of many guitar parts websites.
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Thanks yery much guys. You're overwhelming me with excellent information. Oakus

Comment

Be sure not to overlook the wealth of info available right here on Seymour Duncan's own page.
                  Go to the Seymour Duncan home page, click on support, and then click on each of these sub-headings:

FAQ
                  Seymours Q & A
                  Tech Tips (This one has a lot of great info.)
                  Schematics (Just look some of these over.)
                  Glossary

You'll be amazed at how much you'll learn about guitar electronics and wiring just from those links.

Comment

Working...
                  X