My Screamin Demon and Les Paul are soul mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Screamin Demon and Les Paul are soul mates

I think I finally found a perfect match for my Les Paul ... the Screamin Demon.

I had this pickup in a Jackson, Warmoth alder strat, and a Warmoth walnut strat. It was alway just "okay" and nothing to write home about. I was ready to ditch it but decided to try it out in my Agile Les Paul copy. Bingo! It sounds great. Don't really know how to describe it other than "it sounds right". Glad I didn't have to sell it.

Re: My Screamin Demon and Les Paul are soul mates

There is always one guitar that is right for any pickup
    Mine wanders between my Wolfgang and my Strat....hehe and sounds great in both guitars.

Comment

I installed a Demon in my former guitar teacher's DeArmond LP copy and it really did sound great! He was very pleased. He said the guy at the store recommended it for Les Pauls because he had tried it himself.
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Does the Demon have more bass than the JB?

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
          Does the Demon have more bass than the JB?
          I don't think so. They're about the same in bass. The difference is that with the lower output the Demon has a bit more treble, and the mids aren't so upper range-focused and spiked, they are more balanced out.

I think it's a good pup, but I opted for a 59 for more bass.
          Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
          Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
          Originally posted by Sosomething
          "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by gnugear
            I think I finally found a perfect match for my Les Paul ... the Screamin Demon.

I had this pickup in a Jackson, Warmoth alder strat, and a Warmoth walnut strat. It was alway just "okay" and nothing to write home about. I was ready to ditch it but decided to try it out in my Agile Les Paul copy. Bingo! It sounds great. Don't really know how to describe it other than "it sounds right". Glad I didn't have to sell it.
            Very cool, bro. I'm glad that you found some use for that pup.

I noticed you're in Seattle, come down on the 19th to Studio 7 for a Battle of the Bands hosted by SugarLight. My band is Shades of Fire, hear what a Custom can do for a Les Paul! It's $10 at the door, 7 other bands I think. PM for other info!

Comment

I've got to get me a Demon for one of my Les Pauls. I've always wanted to, but I just never knew if it would sound good in one.

Comment

I have a Demon in my Epi LP and I love the tone it gets! I love its brightness, not too bright and not too bassy, and I think the crunch it gives is awesome

Comment

Want to hear something weird?

I have a Duncan EVH, and the Demon always sounded hotter. Now the EVH sounds hotter! The Demon is hooked up correctly and doesn't sound thin or anything like that ... it's just more focused, less furry, and has more clarity. It's like a completely different pickup in this guitar!

I used to have a Seth Lover in it, but thought it was too soft and not aggresive enough. I'm putting a A5 in that and I'm going to try it out in my alder strat. I'm hoping it works, otherwise I'm going to try a C5.

Comment

Duuude you need to get busy on the Tips and Clips page.. we gotta hear that bad boy
                    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
                    X