• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerberus
    replied
    Re: Distorted: Antiquity or JB/Jazz?!?

Originally posted by Riddim
    I bought a Heritage H-150 (mahogany body+neck, rosewood fretboard) on ebay today. It is equipped with Antiquity-PUPs. I was quite happy about that till I read that these are not wax potted and may squeal on the high distorted sounds I use.
    So I think I'll put a Jazz/JB Combo in it.

Can anyone tell sth about distorted Antiquities??

Which would you prefer - the Antiquities or the Jazz/JB?

Thanks alot,
    Riddim
    I love Both. But too me it doesnīt sound like youīre looking for a tonal change, which the JB/Jazz combo will most certainly bring with it.

What seems to be the real question here, and itīs one only YOU can answer: DO the pickups squeal in your setup or not? Iīve had no problems so far, and Iīve been called a "GainPsycho" here before

IMO, if itīs not broken, donīt fix it

Leave a comment:

• take2
    replied

I have no opinion since I havn't heard the antiquities but I am considering them for one of my project guitars - would love to hear what you think after playing them. They get great reviews from what I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• That90'sGuy
    replied

Yep, my Antiquities are great at high gain as well.

Leave a comment:

• rhmcfarland
    replied

I've used an Antiquity bridge with my SLO-100 on high gain. Not a problem. I'd keep the Antiquity set.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

the jb has way more output and a more modern tone than the antiquitys, either sounds great but the antiquitys are made to sound just like a great vintage pup. i have a couple antiquitys and i havent had any problem with them squealing at high volumes or high gain. id try it before ya run otu and drop money on new pups

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

it shouldnt be a problem......id much rather have the Ants, they have the mojo

Leave a comment:

• Riddim
    started a topic Distorted: Antiquity or JB/Jazz?!?

Distorted: Antiquity or JB/Jazz?!?

I bought a Heritage H-150 (mahogany body+neck, rosewood fretboard) on ebay today. It is equipped with Antiquity-PUPs. I was quite happy about that till I read that these are not wax potted and may squeal on the high distorted sounds I use.
    So I think I'll put a Jazz/JB Combo in it.

Can anyone tell sth about distorted Antiquities??

Which would you prefer - the Antiquities or the Jazz/JB?

Thanks alot,
    Riddim
Working...
X