banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jb Jr Wiring Diagrams, Push Pull with Parallel or Split? A little help please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jb Jr Wiring Diagrams, Push Pull with Parallel or Split? A little help please..

Hi everyone! First of all sorry for some language mistakes
    I´ve just bought my first Seymour Duncan JB Jr for my Highway One American 2004 Stratocaster and I want to put it in the Bridge. I´ve also bought a push pull Di Marzio ( ) 250k audio potentiometer that I would put in the bridge tone position (I know that it would be linear but I founded only that).
    Some friends told me that the JB Jr wound is too small to split and have a good sound, so they told me to do the Parallel wiring. But I´ve read that if the split halves the output (to tell the thruth I haven´t understood what), the parallel´s is even smaller. Maybe the parallel sounds really good to me, just like a single coil.

So, what are your advices?
    Are those diagrams right?
    Do I have to reverse the green and black wires? Single Coils are Fender
    Red and white too?
    How the second diagram changes with a regular 5way switch? I have the standard one, not imported. Please someone help me, I couldn´ t stand anymore reading tons of pages ahah
    Thanks! )

Click image for larger version

Name:	StratHSSParallel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	5838519
    Click image for larger version

Name:	StratImport2HSS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	5838520

Re: Jb Jr Wiring Diagrams, Push Pull with Parallel or Split? A little help please..

Running the JB Jr in parallel will have both coils on at once, similar to the standard series wiring, but because of phase-cancellation between them, the output will be lower than if you were only using one coil.

However, it's not an overly dramatic difference from merely split.

What makes series so much louder is that the signal coming into one coil is flowing into the other coil. With parallel, each coil behaves like independent single coils.

And yes, the diagram above is correct for parallel wiring.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Re: Jb Jr Wiring Diagrams, Push Pull with Parallel or Split? A little help please..

On paper, parallel is quieter than split, but in real life, it may only be a tiny bit quieter. The JB Jr is pretty high output anyway, and split or parallel doesn't sound exactly like a single coil because of the construction (and the small coils). It is worth experimenting with both though- some people split Lil' humbuckers just fine, and others love the parallel sound. Wire it up in parallel, play it for a week or so, then try wiring it to split.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you guys! And what about the wires?

Comment

Yes, reverse the green and black wires of the Duncan.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Ok thank you!

Comment

I heve installed the pickup like the first image, and its sound is great! but there´s some issues with the push pull: when i put it up there´s no sounds (when it have to be parallel..) and the tone control only works with the middle pickup, not with the bridge´s one. What can be happened?

Comment

Working...
              X