Custom Shop pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop pickups

Is there anyway I can get into contact with the custom shop through these boards or by email?

I live in England and I'd prefer not to have to make transatlantic phone calls to order a pickup.

I've already been in contact with SD; I spoke to Alex Semple there.

He told me the price, delivery options, expected date and asked if I'd like to proceed.

I replied saying it was fine and asking where I should send the money.

I didn't hear back for a few days so I emailed again thinking that perhaps he didn't get my message.

It's been over two weeks now and I still haven't found out where I'm meant to be sending the money for them to wind the pickup, or how to start it being wound.

As it has an 8 weeks minimum delay on it, and I've already waited over two weeks for a reply, I'm now looking at over two months to change a pickup. Not counting delivery time and checking at customs and excise.

I sold my original pickup when Alex replied thinking that it wouldn't be too long until I had a replacement. The extra money from selling the original would help pay for the replacement and I could always use the neck pickup until then.

But this is getting annoying now.

SD must be able to wind hundreds of pickups per day. Yet I'm looking at a good fraction of a year before they can wind one on a garanteed sale.

I've had one forum member since tell me that he had a 6 month delay on his pickup.

What's with that?

The self proclaimed industry leader in pickup manufacturer taking over two weeks just to reply?

I've had emails back from obsquer companies in China with badly made sites written in Chenglish within 24 hours.

SD seem to be lots of pictures and information and not much action.

This is seriously terrible customer service.

You're wasting a lot of my time!

With the US economy taking a nose dive, you should want to sell to international customers with some degree of speed.
    Last edited by eeka chu; 02-13-2005, 11:45 PM.

Re: Custom Shop pickups

welcome to the forum!!

production pups are made by the bunch. custom shop pups are wound by only two people. seymour and his assistant mj, and seymour is a busy man so that leaves mj to hand wind most the custom shop pups. there is a long waiting period for most custom things and pups are no different, they are a popular item and the company doesnt want to compromise the quality of their most premium pups.
    as far as the email thing goes, they get lots and lots of emails and sometimes it may take some time to get a response, 2 weeks seems very long so their might be other issues at work.
    ill see if i can some one to help ya out.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
      ill see if i can some one to help ya out.
      If you could, that'd be great!

Thanks,
      John

Comment

I had this same issue. I was looking to get some P-90's with gold hardware. I just needed to confirm method of payment - and never heard back (from before Christmas)! Actually the two questions I asked were "Do I just send a VISA #?" and "How long should I expect to wait?"

I don't have any issues with the wait - Slash shouldn't be kept waiting because I'm trying to match hardware....and everything I've ever read about the custom work makes it clear that the wait and cost are worth it!

A few crystal clear statements on the web about how and what to submit would really help. And what to expect regarding time!

I do high performance business consulting about stuff like Customer Service, Process Management, etc...I'd be glad to talk with you about this stuff - free! (or if you want to throw small discount on the pups I can accept that if it's really keeping you up at night!!!!!)
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
        X