Pickup identification question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup identification question

I recently bought a stratocaster with seymour duncan pickups in it and for the life of me I can't figure out what kind they are. The neck and bridge pickups are white plastic with no pole pieces. They have the duncan logo in the middle of them. They each have five leads coming out of them, red, green, white, black and uninsulated. I originally thought the bridge pickup was stock because it looks like a standard staggered pole piece strat pickup, but it has the same 5 lead output. The guitar is currently set up so that the green is ground, and the white is hot. the other leads don't seem to be hooked up. There is also a double pot on the lower tone control that I originally thought was a TBX circuit like I had on my old Strat Plus. It has an indent halfway through the rotation. Does anybody know what kind of pickups these are? Is the double pot on the tone control part of the pickup set? Finally, what are the five leads for? Is there some kind of coil split type setup possible? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Pickup identification question

ok the pups are defintly Humbuckers, other than that it wld be diff to tell what model. It probably wld be a Duncan Design. ( duncan pickups that are supplied as OEM to guitar manuf. )
    Also what does it say at the bottom of each pick up? Thats the model name.
    Last edited by Jocelyn; 02-14-2005, 10:52 AM.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

The pickups don't have any identification on the bottom of them. Someone etched N, M and B on the bottom to show the positions they are for. I'm not sure if that is SD procedure or if it was done by the installer. The woman I bought the guitar from identified them as "Eric Clapton" model pickups, but I haven't seen anything like this in the Duncan product line.

Comment

Eric Clapton uses EMGS. and also all Suncan models as far as I know have pole pieces or rails.
        sigpic
        Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
        JFG Flying V,
        "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
        John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Working...
        X