JB and Dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB and Dimebucker

Hello. Could somebody describe tonal and output differencies between JB and Dimebucker?

JB sounded a little dark to my ears when it was attached to Hamer studio (mahogany body and neck with maple top and rosewood fretboard). What if I replace the JB to Dimebucker? The intention is to play metal.

If the fretboard is ebony instead of rosewood is there any big changes in tone? A little bit more treble I guess, but anything else?

OPT

Re: JB and Dimebucker

Originally posted by OPT
    Hello. Could somebody describe tonal and output differencies between JB and Dimebucker?

JB sounded a little dark to my ears when it was attached to Hamer studio (mahogany body and neck with maple top and rosewood fretboard). What if I replace the JB to Dimebucker? The intention is to play metal.

If the fretboard is ebony instead of rosewood is there any big changes in tone? A little bit more treble I guess, but anything else?

OPT
    Welcome to the SD Forum, OPT!

..The Dime won't be as smooth or honky as the JB, you'll be able to tell when playing clean(The Dime has the most usable cleans of any of the HIGH-ouput Duncans that I've tried). The total output & HIGHs will be a tad louder with the Dime, so don't be afaid to use your volume knob. ..If you liked the sound of Pantera's Vulgar Display Of Power, you can get that tone very easily with the Dime. ..The JB's better for Cowboys For Hell stuff. ...IMO.
    A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
    This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Re: JB and Dimebucker

OK, thanx.

It seems that I should get a pup which is similar to Dimebucker but with little more mids and maybe more bottom. Is Duncan Distortion kind of pup I discribed? Duncan Custom would be a little dark sounding compared to Dimebucker?

OPT

Comment

Working...
      X