Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DonP
    replied
    The problem with logos is what if you have a guitar with more than one pickup, and some have a logo and some don't. I have two guitars like that right now.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Heh . . . well just to be clear, my Johnson's look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Johnson_SST_sm.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	6050773

Name:	Johnson_Strat.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	6050774

Name:	pinky-02.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	6050775

Leave a comment:

• Leon Of Late
    replied
    I take a lot of flak for playing with my Johnson in public too. Even spent a night in the hoosegow for it.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    They meant it as a joke.
    Oh wow...right over my head!

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    They meant it as a joke.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied
    For me, it depends on what it says. I like "Fender" on some of my Strats. Not so much for "Johnson" on another. I can still remember, 20-something years ago, the flack I took for saying I was playing with my Johnson.
    Totally can understand that! Crazy you got flack for that, it’s how it sounds and plays that matters...not the logo.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    For me, it depends on what it says. I like "Fender" on some of my Strats. Not so much for "Johnson" on another. I can still remember, 20-something years ago, the flack I took for saying I was playing with my Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied
    Hey Trey. Good to see ya again. Hope all is going well.

Good to know about the acetone, but I don't personally use it. I like my logo's.
    Good to be back and thanks! All is well-busy!

Eh, I’m weird—I don’t like logos on accessories/parts...I assemble/build my own guitars and don’t put a logo on the headstock either (only did 2, one with Charvel for a build I did for my dad based off of the guitars he played when he was in a band and one with a cool chrome Warmoth logo that a forum member was so kind as to send me.)

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Hey Trey. Good to see ya again. Hope all is going well.

Good to know about the acetone, but I don't personally use it. I like my logo's.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Hey Trey. Are you sure? Aren't bobbins plastic. IIRC, acetone eats plastic for breakfast. Been awhile since I used it, but just askin'.
    Been off for a while and just logged in and saw this!

it worked on all of the ones I’ve tried! 2 Black Screamin Demons, a White JB and 2 White Hotrails.

Still have the Screamin Demons and the plastic is there!

Leave a comment:

• PicoRiveraTele
    replied
    I've used Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish with a q-tip. I'd avoid acetone, as it tends to destroy plastics and could ruin the pickup, as well as sand paper, as you'd have to re-polish the surface after the fact, which is trick if there are pole pieces and such sticking out of the pickup.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
    Re: removing logo

Acetone works as long as you use it very sparingly on just the logo.
    Hey Trey. Are you sure? Aren't bobbins plastic. IIRC, acetone eats plastic for breakfast. Been awhile since I used it, but just askin'.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Brasso also works. Some people have reported that gritty toothpaste will work, too.

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied
    1,000 grit sandpaper will remove it and then use a felt block with a little buffing compound to restore the shine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X