Help about pickups and les pauls!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about pickups and les pauls!!

Hi im new, i dont really no alot about pick ups!! im thinking about buying an epiphone les paul standard and am thinking about replacing the bridge pick up with a LiveWire™ Metal Humbucker but a like the look of the les paul covers over the pick up can i put the cover on if i fit this new pick up help im confused!! i also saw the classic cover ones are they just seymoure duncan pick ups with the look of gibson style ones!! please help!!

Re: Help about pickups and les pauls!!

please help!!!!!!!!

Comment

First welcome to the forum man!! Lots of info here!!! The livewire metal has a plastic pup cover, also you can order an ducan with a pup cover. Hope that helps man!

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

thanks so i can put the cover on the live wire metal pickup

Comment

If I understand what you're asking, you're wanting to put a cover with pole piece holes, onto a pickup that doesn't have pole pieces. That could look a little strange. I suppose you could cut the heads off of some screws and glue them into the holes to give the illusion of pole pieces.

Not sure how that would look.

Comment

Are you really sure you want a Livewire Heavy Metal? Those things are so hot they distort and feedback on a clean channel.

Comment

I wonder if Seymour just made that pickup for sh*ts and giggles...
              Originally posted by The Minstrel
              Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Working...
              X