screamin' demon for ibanez rg565???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screamin' demon for ibanez rg565???

hello guys-i have a 1991 ibanez rg565.it is a basswood body with an all maple 1-piece neck/fretboard and a single/hum pickup configuration.i play through a line 6 pod pro preamp/tubeworks solid state power amp/mesa boogie 4x12 cab with celestion vintage 30's.i have a dimarzio paf pro in the "bridge" slot and really like it alot.it's very articulate,smooth bass & mids and the highs just sing.the harmonics are rich and "pinch" harmonics are a breeze to get.it's awesome for shredding,tapping,sweeps,etc.it's just a little "thin" for chugging riffs.my main playing style is 80's metal and some 90's metal.i've been "considering" installing a screamin' demon in place of the paf pro.after reading many threads on this forum about the screamin' demon,its seems to be very similiar to the paf pro's characteristics that i mentioned earlier,but with better results in having a clear,tight,chugging bottom end(compared to the paf pro).i was wondering if anyone out there has tried these two pickups in a basswood body/maple fretboard guitar or,at least,the screamin' demon in an ibanez rg with a maple neck/fretboard and how did the tone measure up to what i'm looking for and/or how does my interpretation of the screamin demon stack up??? thanks alot,much appreciated!!!

Re: screamin' demon for ibanez rg565???

Originally posted by GOLDWING68NV
    hello guys-i have a 1991 ibanez rg565.it is a basswood body with an all maple 1-piece neck/fretboard and a single/hum pickup configuration.i play through a line 6 pod pro preamp/tubeworks solid state power amp/mesa boogie 4x12 cab with celestion vintage 30's.i have a dimarzio paf pro in the "bridge" slot and really like it alot.it's very articulate,smooth bass & mids and the highs just sing.the harmonics are rich and "pinch" harmonics are a breeze to get.it's awesome for shredding,tapping,sweeps,etc.it's just a little "thin" for chugging riffs.my main playing style is 80's metal and some 90's metal.i've been "considering" installing a screamin' demon in place of the paf pro.after reading many threads on this forum about the screamin' demon,its seems to be very similiar to the paf pro's characteristics that i mentioned earlier,but with better results in having a clear,tight,chugging bottom end(compared to the paf pro).i was wondering if anyone out there has tried these two pickups in a basswood body/maple fretboard guitar or,at least,the screamin' demon in an ibanez rg with a maple neck/fretboard and how did the tone measure up to what i'm looking for and/or how does my interpretation of the screamin demon stack up??? thanks alot,much appreciated!!!

get the blues PAtb-3
    this one lays the demon to REST!

Blues Saraceno Model™
    the PA-TB3 was Created in the Custom Shop for Blues Saraceno, this pickup had to have the tone of the great old Gibson® P.A.F. and the power to cut through for Blues' unique and sometimes over-the-top style. Put this pickup in and you'll sound big, bad and plaid! Available in black only.
    Four conductor cable

these shine in ibanez RG guitars and similar ones

Comment

I would NOT put a Demon in a basswood guitar. I agree with Sabatage, in that you're better off going with something more PAF-ish. If you're playing metal, you will want something with decent output.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Well.... I'm not certain that GOLDWING68NV needs a high-output HB to play metal. I mean, the Screamin' Demon was a George Lynch pickup right? (not sure on the history, but he used 'em at some point right?.... and he's metal...)

See the link below, ESP uses that pickup in his guitars, but they are all maple bodies.

One of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality guitars and basses.

I think your description of the Screamin Demon is spot on, but it didn't have the same flair in the basswood Ibanez of mine that I think it has now in the Brian Moore (Mahogany body). My Ibanez RG also had a maple neck, but Rosewood Fretboard. That said, I didn't think it sounded 'bad' in the Ibanez at all... pretty decent really. I only took it out of the Ibanez because I was converting it to EMGs.

Comment

I didn't say that he needed a high output HB to play metal. Just higher output than a vintage style PAF pickup.

I own 2 Lynch guitars and know the Demon's sonic characeristics very well. And I own a Jem and know it's sound ... basswood is nothing like maple, and what the Demon is voiced to work in a completely different kind of wood and setup than the Ibanez. The pickup is even physically mounted in a different place.
          Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 02-18-2005, 09:08 PM.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X