JB for seven string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB for seven string?

Hi. I just ordered the SH-4 JB seven string pickup for my seven string Ibanez. I bought it cause it's a lot clearer sounding than most of the other hot pickups like the Invader. I'm going to be downtuning to "A". Was this a good choice? I know heavier pickups can tend to be too muddy when used with such a low tuning. I will be playing pretty agressive stuff through a Boss Metal Zone pedal, the closest decription would be Korn but it's not going to be any type of copy or anything. Also, is there any difference between a JB TB-4 and a JB SH-4? I see the TB-4 ships with a good number of Jacksons but can barely find any info on it at this site. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Revolver.

Hmm, anyone out there that can answer this?

Revolver.

Comment

I have the JB in my RG but never downtuned it yet. But I think Robert S. has his RG on Drop C and he always says it rocks.
      I saw some "new metal" guitarist are using the JB in the artist database of the SD homepage....

and yeah its very clear... never get mud with the JB. Very good for agressive and fast stuff.
      I think it was a good choice maybe in some days you'll be happy like me with my JB.

TB-4 is just the SH-4 with wider polepieces spacing so that it fits for guitars with (Floyd Rose) Trems which has wider string spacing.
      Last edited by Marcel; 03-15-2004, 05:08 PM.
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

the JB looks like a good choice, you've done right

the TB-4 is the trembucker version of the normal JB, the trembucker means that the spacing is wider to accomidate guitars with tremolo's like a floyd rose/ floyd rose type tremolo systems.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
          the JB looks like a good choice, you've done right

the TB-4 is the trembucker version of the normal JB, the trembucker means that the spacing is wider to accomidate guitars with tremolo's like a floyd rose/ floyd rose type tremolo systems.
          Hey, you two are awesome! Thanks so much for writing back and for the knowledge about the TB-4. Good to know since I've always loved the sound of the TB-4. This guitar isn't a Floyd Rose either so all's cool here. I'm glad to know I picked up the right pick up. Everyone is always looking for hotter, heavier, bassier pickups but the reading I've been doing says that a lot of people find that these hotter bassier pickups turn to mud when downtuning really low which is why I figured the JB should be perfect Thanks again.

Revolver.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolver
            Everyone is always looking for hotter, heavier, bassier pickups but the reading I've been doing says that a lot of people find that these hotter bassier pickups turn to mud when downtuning really low which is why I figured the JB should be perfect
            not just with down tuning. With distortion a bit less bass can make more "oumph" (don't know the maybe pressure) in some cases
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
            X