Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH with a Wolfgang

Hi-

Has anyone put a Seymour Duncan EVH pickup in a Peavey Wolfgang? I have two WGs, a tremolo model and a fixed bridge. I am assuming that my guitars need the Gibson spaced EVH PU...but not sure...anyone know?

Re: EVH with a Wolfgang

welcome to the forum!!

if you measure the string spread and its over 2" get a trem spaced. the '78 model (evh) is the old school tone, think I and II

Comment

Hey! thanks a lot for the info!! Do you know if the EVH pickup will simply fit into the existing PU space?

Thanks!!!

Comment

In order to make Duncan pickups fit in a Wolfgang, you'll need to grind down the mounting tabs. If you take a look at the stock pickups, you'll see that the tabs are oval shaped. If you look at a Duncan pickup, you'll see that they have square mounting tabs. But since the EVH is a custom shop pickup, it may be possible for Duncan to make you one with oval tabs, you'll have to call or email the custom shop about that.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

thanks! I will check into that....

Comment

Dude you will love that pickup. I've got one in a 68' Gold Top and an 85' Charvel strat and they both sound like classic Halen. Very much the "brown" sound. Great pup if you want that old Halen 1 ripping tone!

Comment

Working...
            X