• Show
Clear All

• cool rails for strat

Hello! Just new to this site
    Thinking of putting cool rails ,front/back
    I'm not big on distortion but I do like nice sustain
    and rich tone. Is this a good move?

Re: cool rails for strat

i had one on the neck of my strat and it works great.. awesome cleans with rich harmonics and nice distortion... this pup has soul.... :>

Comment

Originally posted by edi_87
      i had one on the neck of my strat and it works great.. awesome cleans with rich harmonics and nice distortion... this pup has soul.... :>
      Agreed. I've got nothing more to add!!
      GUITARS
      STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
      AMPS
      Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Thanx for your input. I wonder about the cool rail at the bridge of the strat.
        I'm looking for serious sustain without the distortion.
        "just crank the amp and let the pickups and tubes do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
          Agreed. I've got nothing more to add!!
          Thanx for your input

Comment

Should work well. I have it in the mid position. HR's in the bridge and neck. Push/pull, or push/push pots are a nice addition to give you more tonal options.

<---------------------

I've heard lots of good reviews of the vintage rails as well.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
              Should work well. I have it in the mid position. HR's in the bridge and neck. Push/pull, or push/push pots are a nice addition to give you more tonal options.

<---------------------

I've heard lots of good reviews of the vintage rails as well.
              Thanx for your input, I think I'm gonna for for it.
              I was also thinking about hot rails at the bridge ,but I'm worried about that distortion taking over.
              P.s distortion is O.k when I want it. But I rather use a pedal or another channel on my amp. I'm really looking for natural sustain!

Comment

The HR is VERY hot. And in many guitars it has a tendency to distort at high guitar volumes (e.g., 8-10). It's probably not a good shredders pup because it's output can be perceived as "muddy" at times. Works well for standard, single-note lead lines, though. I like it, but it might not do what you are looking for (It doesn't usually distort right away in my axe). The CR is pretty hot as well, but it isn't as prone to distorting and might do what you want. Maybe try one before installing in both positions. SD has an open return policy, BTW.
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I have to ask....if the Little '59 is a miniature '59, then is it safe to say that a Cool Rails is a "warmer miniature '59"???

Kind of like how a '59 would sound with an Alnico 2?

Comment

Majestic I have no Idea if the 59 is close to a cr but I'm also checking out the little
                    demon ,the demo sounds pretty good. I wonder how it holds sustain of one note?
                    Can I get anyone out there who has tried the l'ill demon for lead pick up?

Comment

As you can see from my signature I have a cool rails in the middle....I find it clean and bright when played on the clean channel....With gain it has nice sustain....I got the cool rails to replace a lace sensor and I like it better....I do have active electronics though....That is different...........
                      _

Comment

how wiould a cool rails sound int he bridge?
                        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
                        X