banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time for a single coil replacement!HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for a single coil replacement!HELP!

ok, im pretty much sick of the dimarzio choppers that i have in my charvel, so they are outta here!
    the question is now, what to replace it with? i want something that's hot enough to do shredding in the enck position as well as do cleaner stuff. i dont wnat it to be muddy at all! that was the problem with the choppers. i was thinking of the following choices:

JB jr
    lil 59
    cool rails
    classick stack

i was first gonna go for the lil 59, but the JB jr seems interesting.
    what would you recommend?i dont want my guitar sounding like crap anymore, so HELP!

Re: time for a single coil replacement!HELP!

I like the Quarter Pound Staggered. I use one in the bridge of my Strat, but I bet it sounds great in the neck (or middle) too.

I think it sounds like the best of both worlds - everything tonewise that you like about single coils and humbuckers combined. It's not a humbucker, but it's a single coil that rages.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

bump

Comment

I have a classic strat stack ( neck model ) in the middle position , between a C5 bridge and a Demon neck , it has an A2 magnet so plenty of midds .
        Clean it balance a single coil A5 bringing some midds , and on itself it is ok but different from strat single coil .
        Under gain it does wonderfull raunchy blues stuff and pushing the gain more it screams with mean highs , harmonics all over the fretboard , still a strong pick attack , very aggressive and clear , an amazing pickup .

Comment

Working...
        X