Customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service

After weeks of trying to get some answers I decided to say screw it to Seymour Duncans. No reponses from email, instagram, twitter. I have been a long time user of your pups and this is no way to treat your loyal customers by not answering. I opted to go with a competitor since they were able to answer my questions within a day. 3 weeks later and I am still waiting for some kind of response from SD. I have missed valuable studio time because of your laziness not to answer a simple question. There is absolutley no excuse for making your customers wait for a response. Im not the only one who has complained about this.

Re: Customer service

Maybe Im old, but I just dont get the over-dependence of the internet/social media. Something wrong with picking up the phone?

Comment

#2.

I also prefer the phone.

less likely for people to read their own 'issues' into it when it's a live conversation. and it's quicker - by the time you get to about 3 emails/PMs/etc., you're wasting the time a call would've saved.

Comment

Just a general statement here, not specific to this brand or situation;

Companies should not have the social media outlets listed under their "contact us" link, unless they can handle the volume of inquiries it entails.
        Just write "contact us by phone call only" and then have them leave a brief message and call-back number,,,,,,,,,,,,,but honestly that would probably take even more time to respond lol.

Comment

Sorry I left that part out. I did call. Got placed on hold for a lenghty amout of time. Not living in the US and with my carrier it gets expensive fast so I rely on email. Dont get me wrong, I love SD products, been using them for years. Im just not happy about the customer service. Its in regards to shipping to Canada. I have hunted high and low for a set of Nickel Blackouts. But it seems no one here in my region has them or can get them. I have tried Amazon, Reverb, Ebay and others with no success getting them shipped to Canada. Im not sure if its a border issue ot if they are just not availble here. I wanted to find out whats going on with them and gold. Black is availble, but it isnt what I am after. I was hoping SD would look into this or maybe ship me a set if I covered shipping costs. I see no reason to ignore the emails I have sent. Its a legit question.

Comment

Here is the guitar they would be going into. Right now it has a SH-4 in the bridge and a SH-1 in the neck. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	5794214

Comment

Originally posted by Ajkirby View Post
              Sorry I left that part out. I did call. Got placed on hold for a lenghty amout of time.
              having heard that previously, I thought I'd try an experiment and I tried to call in back around late March or early April to get to customer service. would be on hold for about 10 minutes or so, then it would disconnect. did that every day for a week. the first day, I repeated the call a few times. always the same result. seems like the experiment was very much in line with what others have been talking about.

Im just not happy about the customer service. Its in regards to shipping to Canada. I have hunted high and low for a set of Nickel Blackouts. But it seems no one here in my region has them or can get them. I have tried Amazon, Reverb, Ebay and others with no success getting them shipped to Canada. Im not sure if its a border issue ot if they are just not availble here.
              who knows... could be an "international" issue. there was something that popped up not long about about an insane amount that Ormsby Guitars was charged for an order to Australia - starts at about 15:00.

I see no reason to ignore the emails I have sent. Its a legit question.
              agreed. totally legit.

Comment

Personally, I like Email because it allows me to have the most clear and concise wording possible when I try to describe my tonal objectives to a pickup company (I'm not the most well spoken individual). With that being said, Duncan is the only company I've had trouble getting in contact with.

Comment

Sorry I left that part out. I did call. Got placed on hold for a lenghty amout of time. Not living in the US and with my carrier it gets expensive fast so I rely on email. Dont get me wrong, I love SD products, been using them for years. Im just not happy about the customer service. Its in regards to shipping to Canada. I have hunted high and low for a set of Nickel Blackouts. But it seems no one here in my region has them or can get them. I have tried Amazon, Reverb, Ebay and others with no success getting them shipped to Canada. Im not sure if its a border issue ot if they are just not availble here. I wanted to find out whats going on with them and gold. Black is availble, but it isnt what I am after. I was hoping SD would look into this or maybe ship me a set if I covered shipping costs. I see no reason to ignore the emails I have sent. Its a legit question.
                  Did you by any chance try eBay seller Banjomikez ?
                  When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
                    Did you by any chance try eBay seller Banjomikez ?
                    That's what I have done twice. I contact him with my requirements, he orders the pickup and a couple weeks later he mails the order.
                    No way I would make an international call even if there was no waiting time.

Comment

Originally posted by BartOfDarkness View Post
                      Personally, I like Email because it allows me to have the most clear and concise wording possible
                      Exactly this.

Also I'd think it to be a much more time-efficient method of response for the company, not having to deal with the inevitable small-talk and needless unrelated questions or comments on calls.

In addition it's easier to screen-out those few that are obviously just dancing around with their own thoughts. ("what would this model sound like in this wood and how does it compare to that model in that wood with these pots going into that amp")

My main reason for much preferring email responses is simply this; I often just can't always answer my phone for random-time call-backs, and even when I can it's often hard to hear or concentrate, especially if driving.

Comment

shipping to Canada. I have hunted high and low for a set of Nickel Blackouts. But it seems no one here in my region has them or can get them
                        You've been doing it wrong.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

There are 576 Duncan dealers (plus the distributor) in Canada that can process your order and yes, a nickel set of Blackouts is indeed available as a stock order. Choose the one closest to you and use'em. All listed with both an e-mail and a phone.

HTH,

PS: the Duncan Customer service structure sucks donkey balls and I don't think any effort's been made to make it better. However, as a foreign country customer, you should've used your country's and not the american. Just sayin'!
                        Last edited by LtKojak; 09-07-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
                          Maybe Im old, but I just dont get the over-dependence of the internet/social media. Something wrong with picking up the phone?
                          The world is global. Phone, opening hours and time zones is a crutch, so social media helps for non-US customers.

Just a point of view from someone outside US of A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
                            The world is global. Phone, opening hours and time zones is a crutch, so social media helps for non-US customers.

Just a point of view from someone outside US of A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Global, another stupid buzz word. The world has been "global" at least since proven to not be flat . Please note at the time of my post, the OP had not yet shared that he was not in the US.

Kojak wins the thread, anyway

Comment

Regardless of local dealers and distributors, that is no excuse for not replying to a customer's inquiry about the product.

Comment

Working...
                              X