Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer service

Originally posted by Ajkirby View Post
    I have been a long time user of your pups and this is no way to treat your loyal customers by not answering.
    how long have you been buying the brand? even if the brand came stock in a guitar.

I opted to go with a competitor
    which other brand did you go with?

3 weeks later and I am still waiting for some kind of response from SD.
    will you be updating the thread when you do get a reply? seems that people are interested in this sort of thing.

I have missed valuable studio time because of your laziness not to answer a simple question.
    what was the original question?

Im not the only one who has complained about this.
    do you think there would be value in this thread being left visible (even if 'closed') when you finally get your reply?

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Regardless of local dealers and distributors, that is no excuse for not replying to a customer's inquiry about the product.
    +1

or any inquiry, for that matter.

Comment

I had a similar issue when I ordered (and payed) through the Custom Shop–called, e-mailed, left messages...even had forum Admin Mincer trying to reach out to SD. Never received a reply. Ever. Just got a super fast refund when I e-mailed in cancelling the order.

I ended up selling the Strat I had ordered the pickup for and went with a Custom Tele set order from Revel Pickups and couldn't be happier with the bridge pickup he made (I'm still on the fence about the neck pickup–love/hate.)

SD makes great pickups, they just don't seem to care about Customer Service. These issues keep coming up and SD has done nothing to fix it so their actions indicate they just don't care. I agree with LtKojak–the OP should try one of the Canadian dealers...but that still doesn't excuse SD from not responding at all.

Comment

Well, I know we hired at least one more person, and if it is something I hear about, I try to get it to the right person. I get frustrated, too. We see less of these kinds of threads, but still some pop up. I am sorry about this, and if I had known, I would have got you in touch with the right people.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          We see less of these kinds of threads, but still some pop up
          It's not because it happens less, it's because people simply give up, acknowledging the absolute futility of complaining and getting the matter resolved in a reasonable time frame.

Even if you hire ten more people, if you don't get the actual process of managing the customer call up to snuff, it won't change a thing.

HTH,
          Last edited by LtKojak; 09-07-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Update!!!!

Ok I have contacted banjomikes, they dont have stock but can get them. I got an email from the good folks at Macdaddy Music. They have stock and are willing to ship them to me.

I did contact the Canadian distrubitor but no stock listed and not sure if they could get them.

I want to thank everyone for their ideas and help in this situation. I really hope hat SD improves their customer service level. They make awesome products and would probably get more international sales if they would respond back. This seems to be a common issue. You have to wonder how many sales they have lost because of customer service.

Someone asked what pickups I went with the EMG Hetfield set. By tweaking the capacitor values, I have a pretty close tonal sound as the blackouts. Just missing that punch.

First set of duncans I ordered was back in the early 90's was a screamin demon bridge. Since then I have bought dimez, JB's, 59's and invaders. I have always prefered duncans for the styles of music I play. EMG 81's are great too, but I find them too bright for my needs and the 85 a bit muddy. I also run Fishman Fluence Classics. Great for classic rock, hair band rock but could not achive the tones I was looking for. Those are just my opinions.

Blackouts in Nickel are on their way and am excited to get them in.

Thanks again everyone and I really hope that Seymour Duncan can straighten out their customer service, especially for international shoppers like myself. I will post some pics when I get them installed.
            Last edited by Ajkirby; 09-07-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

called SD today for returning a stage 700 for repair, they answered in under 3 min...was told exactly what to do...no problems what so ever.

Comment

Nice use of a 4 year old thread

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                  Nice use of a 4 year old thread
                  I was wondering if anyone else would notice the year of the last post from this thread.

Comment

Hopefully these issues are resolved, even with a pandemic.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X