Need help with pickup for Warmtoh Strat w/Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with pickup for Warmtoh Strat w/Floyd

Right now I`ve got the CC/59 hybrid in my alder body , floyd trem. strat. I like the highs and mids of the CC/59 but the bass is to loose and mushy . Any suggestions to tighten up the bass , how would a 59b work out ?

Thanks!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Need help with pickup for Warmtoh Strat w/Floyd

Im not sure how a 59b would sound in that guitar, but it is a rockin pickup. I have one for sale if your interested.
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Comment

Any other ideas

Comment

I don't have any personal experience with the 59b trembucker, but from everything I've read on this forum, I'm leaning towards one for my Strat Ultra.
        One reason is that the bass is tighter than a lot of other pus, plus it is medium output which I prefer.
        Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
        Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
        Boss Metal Zone
        Boss Super Chorus
        Dunlop Crybaby
        Ibanez Tube Screamer

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
          Right now I`ve got the CC/59 hybrid in my alder body , floyd trem. strat. I like the highs and mids of the CC/59 but the bass is to loose and mushy . Any suggestions to tighten up the bass , how would a 59b work out ?
          Mistake.

You need to do some magnet swapping first.

Try an Alnico 5 magnet in it. That's the one that's in a 59b, plus you'll keep the extra "oomph" that's in the Hybrid.

You've got the most ultimate pickup known to Man right now. You need to tweak it.

Raising it to an Alnico 4 would probably be enough, truthfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic
            Mistake.

You need to do some magnet swapping first.

Try an Alnico 5 magnet in it. That's the one that's in a 59b, plus you'll keep the extra "oomph" that's in the Hybrid.

You've got the most ultimate pickup known to Man right now. You need to tweak it.

Raising it to an Alnico 4 would probably be enough, truthfully.
            Where can I get an Alnico 4 magnet???

Comment

If you do a search, you'll find a whole thread about the A4.

I'd recommend the A5, which is the native magnet in the '59, but I think you'll find it a *tad* too bright, unless you're gunning for the "Hot For Teacher" tone, which is a brighter than the other tunes on that record.

Hey, I've gotta ask.....how do you like your VPAF in your Wolfgang?

Is it too bright? What about the output? Was it a shocker to tack a drop in the output by switching pickups? I've got the technique to pull it off, but I'm still (childishly) paranoid.

Comment

Working...
              X