Seymour Duncans branded Firebird pickups from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncans branded Firebird pickups from China

This ebay seller is offering bulk quantities of what what appears to be Seymour Duncan branded Firebird pickups. I am curious to know how closely these apparent fakes match Seymour Duncan's Firebird pickups. Does anyone happen to know if they look like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	5842366

Re: Seymour Duncans branded Firebird pickups from China

I'd be very wary...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Interesting.....no mention of SD in the description.....

Comment

They should remove the photo with SD logo

Comment

There's a solid chance that someone will buy 10pcs for $125 then try to resell them on ebay for, say, $50 a piece, for a ~$375 profit. It's good to look for signs that these are fakes so that they will be identified as such whenever this eventually happens.

Comment

Brass plates... not Duncan! Tonally will be very different as the Nickel Silver plates give Duncans their presence.

Comment

No Stickers?
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

they will likely match them in appearance only
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Yeah, this ain't legal. But it is very hard to regulate overseas sellers. Buyer beware.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Yeah, this ain't legal. But it is very hard to regulate overseas sellers. Buyer beware.
                    Would SD be able to have ebay pull the listing? I'm pretty sure that selling counterfeit merchandise is a violation of ebay's TOS.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                      Would SD be able to have ebay pull the listing? I'm pretty sure that selling counterfeit merchandise is a violation of ebay's TOS.
                      Probably could get eBay to at least pull that pic.

I'm actually surprised it is still up. Couple years ago I had put a newer Charvel headstock (the new Fender headstock) and my ad was pulled by eBay for selling a counterfit Fender neck. I had to explain to several employees that Fender bought out Charvel and that Charvel necks have the Fender style headstock.

Comment

I am sure SD HQ has people that regularly look for this sort of thing. I know some sellers that put up auctions as fast as ebay can pull them, so it is an ongoing battle. Guitar pickups are a tiny part of the illegal copy trade out there.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hey guys, I just bought a bunch of Seymour Dumplin pickups on Ebay!! Gonna put them in my Chibson. I would think Ebay could force them to prove legit or remove the listing. I know China cant be regulated from making them, but Ebay can stop brokering... Especially cuz when sellers make money, so does Fee bay..
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I recently saw a pair of those in eBay Kleinanzeigen (the German Craigslist). Logo in the back is quite different. The strings in the S are not round but square.
                            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I bought a pair of zebra JB's, marked Seymour Duncan. They were not, I paid too much.
                              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
                              X