Considering pups for my Lester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering pups for my Lester

I'm leaning towards a set of Alnico Pro IIs for my LP. I play styles from the main four; Blues, Jazz (kinda), Rock & Country, but all pretty much rooted in blues. Would like a nice balanced set not overly voice in the mids. I have been offered many suggestions but it's hard to know until you install them. Thanks for any input.

Steve

Re: Considering pups for my Lester

The AP II 's would be great. So would a Jazz neck and 59 Bridge. Also, a set of Seth Lovers might do the trick.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by telest
      I'm leaning towards a set of Alnico Pro IIs for my LP. I play styles from the main four; Blues, Jazz (kinda), Rock & Country, but all pretty much rooted in blues. Would like a nice balanced set not overly voice in the mids.
      Cha Ching......you figured it out for yourself

Comment

for a little more cut, a PG set is also nice in a Paul.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The AII's seem pretty neutral in terms of tone and character. If you want to cover a lot ground, those will be the pups that let your amps and pedals shine.
          Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Here's something that's not discussed much: SH-3 Stag Mags. As a present to my brother-in-law, I just dropped a set into his Standard with split switches on the tone knobs. He loves it. I'm hoping he'll write a review of it on here.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
              I'm hoping he'll write a review of it on here.
              That would be great. The guitar project I'm working on now is for a "clean" sound. I too had about decided on Alnico II Pro's. The Stag Mags look interesting also.

(BTW - I got my bro-in-law a weed-eater.)

Comment

Working...
              X