banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for pickups for the Bridge and Neck with a ton of output!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for pickups for the Bridge and Neck with a ton of output!

Hey,

Can someone help me please! Does anyone know of pickups that I can get for the Bridge and the Neck setting that are really good for Punk Rock, and like Black Sabbath, but mainly like Green Day and Coheed and Cambria. Fine, lets just say Grunge/Punk/Alturnitive Rock.

I think I need some pickups with High levels of Bass and Treble with some but not a lot of Middle.

I really need help with this delema!

For anyone with a clue can you please specifically tell me the model and maybe give me the link thanks again.

ROCK ON!
    Guitar:
    Ibanez GAX70
    Fender DG-11E (Acoustic)

Amp:
    Crate XT120R

Dream Rig:
    Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier Half Stack
    Gibson Faded V
    Gibson Explorer in White

*BIGGEST COHEED AND CAMBRIA FAN EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!!!*

Re: I'm looking for pickups for the Bridge and Neck with a ton of output!

What guitar are you gonna use them in?
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuru88
      Hey,
      Punk/Alturnitive Rock.
      I think I need some pickups with High levels of Bass and Treble with some but not a lot of Middle.
      jb, custom, custom 5

Originally posted by Edgecrusher
      What guitar are you gonna use them in?
      +1
      Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Right now I have a crappy ass Ibanez GAX 70.

But I plan on either getting an Agile AL-3000 or an Ibanez SZ320 or 520

ROCK ON!
        Guitar:
        Ibanez GAX70
        Fender DG-11E (Acoustic)

Amp:
        Crate XT120R

Dream Rig:
        Gibson Faded V
        Gibson Explorer in White

Comment

It would really help if you guys made suggestions where the pickup comes with a bridge and a neck pickup...unless you can put a bridge pickup in the neck position.

Guitar:
          Ibanez GAX70
          Fender DG-11E (Acoustic)

Amp:
          Crate XT120R

Dream Rig:
          Gibson Faded V
          Gibson Explorer in White

Comment

the ibz sz, would it be 2005 or 2004/before model?
            the 2005 sz520 comes with seymoud duncan ibz humbuckers which are basicly a distortion/59 set.

Comment

Hej, what tha **** is that on your nickname?
              GUITAR GURU"88"? Nazi?
              Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
              Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
              Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
              Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
              Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
              Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
              Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
              Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

me a Nazi? suuurrrreeee whatever

ROCK ON!
                Guitar:
                Ibanez GAX70
                Fender DG-11E (Acoustic)

Amp:
                Crate XT120R

Dream Rig:
                Gibson Faded V
                Gibson Explorer in White

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
                  GUITAR GURU"88"? Nazi?
                  Dont hate the player, hate the game... FOO!
                  Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

I'm pretty sure Billy Joe uses a JB in his older axes, he's started using P90s on the new stuff. I don't know what Coheed and Cambria use.

For that type of stuff, my favorite is the JB and the DiMarzio Super Distortion.

For rhythm type stuff (like most punk music), I don't suggest anything overly bassy or overly scooped, since both will ruin a nice, crunchy, rhythm sound.
                    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuru88
                      It would really help if you guys made suggestions where the pickup comes with a bridge and a neck pickup...unless you can put a bridge pickup in the neck position.

Some people swear on the JB SH-4 at the neck position.
                      If you want a neck version of it, the JB junior is avaiable as a neck version in single-coil size.
                      I swear on the stag mag SH-3 which is recommended as a bridge pickup, but i swear on it at the neck position, where it fits better than at the bridge!

But you wrote "Ton of output" - which suggests you want a high output pickup at the neck.
                      And of course you can use 2 different pickups as a combo.
                      The 59 or jazz aren't high output, but are also popular for heavier styles.
                      Pickups... the final frontier.
                      These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
                      Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Inge you mean people swear on the jb in the bridge, not neck.

Comment

The singer from Coheed uses a pair of EMG 81s. Dunno what the other dude has.

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
                          GUITAR GURU"88"? Nazi?
                          It does kind of look like "SS"
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Nite_Maresz_25
                            Inge you mean people swear on the jb in the bridge, not neck.
                            Why should i teel that people swear on the JB in the bridge position, which is already a bridge pickup?
                            No, I meant SOME people swear on the JB as a bridge pickup, which also works on the NECK position.
                            That was the quiestion, wasn't it?

And i swear on the Stag Mag on the NECK position.
                            Pickups... the final frontier.
                            These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
                            Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Since you say high output....how bout a Duncan Distortion set or an Invader set?

Comment

Working...
                              X