banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for pickups for the Bridge and Neck with a ton of output!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm looking for pickups for the Bridge and Neck with a ton of output!

Just go with a distortion set. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      The singer from Coheed uses a pair of EMG 81s. Dunno what the other dude has.

It does kind of look like "SS"
      No dude. 88 is supposed to mean Hail Hitler because the 8th letter of the alphabet is H. Get it (if you already didn't)
      Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

Originally posted by Schecter006Elite
        No dude. 88 is supposed to mean Hail Hitler because the 8th letter of the alphabet is H. Get it (if you already didn't)
        Perhaps 88 is the year he was born?

Comment

The Duncan Custom is the best pickup for that tone that I've tried.

Comment

HIgh output: Duncan Livewire Metal, or a set og EMGs and an Afterburner

Passive: INVAAAAADER
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Billy Joe's first and only guitar he used before cracking the mainstream music scene was an old Fender-like Fernandez (i believe, but don't quote me on this).

I know for sure that it was a cheap guitar that his dad gave him as a kid about a month before dying. Billie swore by that guitar for ever and had replicas made of it with different shades of green. THis way he would always know which the original was. As the band became more popular, Billie installed a new neck and placed a JB in the bridge.

All this I've read on various websites over the years so don't quote me on anything because I don't know if it is all fact. But I do know that these speculations are documented in various sources.
              Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
              Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
              Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
              Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

Lots of bass and treble and hight output??? Good punk tone??? I think you are looking for a Jazz/Jb set. That is a Jazz neck (sh-2) and a JB in the bridge (Sh-4). Don't be fooled by the Jazz name, there is a reason why the Jackson Soloist comes with this pickup.

Comment

i am into punk rock ...ramones /sp / Dk....and jb works fine

Comment

yeah I was born in freakin 1988 DUR!
                    Guitar:
                    Ibanez GAX70
                    Fender DG-11E (Acoustic)

Amp:
                    Crate XT120R

Dream Rig:
                    Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier Half Stack
                    Gibson Faded V
                    Gibson Explorer in White

*BIGGEST COHEED AND CAMBRIA FAN EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!!!*

Comment

Someone said the metal livewire, it is super highoutput, but the mids are soo high their almost off the scale (looking at the tonechart) and the treble and bass are low in comparison, thats the total oposite tone wise to what he wants, i say that a Jb will do the trick perfect.
                      Cornford Hellcat
                      Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
                      Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
                      Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
                      Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
                        Lots of bass and treble and hight output??? Good punk tone??? I think you are looking for a Jazz/Jb set. That is a Jazz neck (sh-2) and a JB in the bridge (Sh-4). Don't be fooled by the Jazz name, there is a reason why the Jackson Soloist comes with this pickup.
                        Soloists come with a ´59, the Rhoads and Kellys come with a Jazz
                        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I'd say Custom/59
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Custom in the bridge; Screamin' Demon in the neck.

Comment

Working...
                            X