pls help to identify the pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls help to identify the pickup

Good morning, sorry if the question is silly, google didn't gimme the answear.
    pls help to identify following pickup.
    it was found in charvel 1H custom shop 2006, seems like retro fit (frame is dimarzio)
    I assume JB custom shop prototype, but what the heck - serial is strange and how can it be a prototype if JB is from 1979?
    could someone please call who's signature is that?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170118_153631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	5843085Click image for larger version

Name:	20170118_153621.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5843086

Re: pls help to identify the pickup

Looks like a custom shop JB prototype. Go to my site and I talked a bit about this in one of the recent articles on all the different JBs out there.

Based on what was said at the time, this may have been a Japan only offering which is quite similar, if not identical, to the Concept JB which was being called the TeleGib bridge humbucker at that time.

Comment

Re: pls help to identify the pickup

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
      Looks like a custom shop JB prototype. Go to my site and I talked a bit about this in one of the recent articles on all the different JBs out there.

Based on what was said at the time, this may have been a Japan only offering which is quite similar, if not identical, to the Concept JB which was being called the TeleGib bridge humbucker at that time.
      thnx for explanation, just checked the dark side.
      the guitar came from Japan, +1 to the point that it is a "japanese market" humb.
      JB in 10+ versions of custom shop?! - makes the spice of sound difference.
      nice....
      thnx again.Click image for larger version

Name:	13006662_10204750418315123_7109156545874364658_n.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	5797707

Comment

Working...
      X