Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

I'm planning on switching out the pups on my jackson '88 ltd (1 humbucker - bridge, 1 single coil - neck). I plan on putting a jb in the bridge, but haven't quite decided on what I want in the single coil in the neck spot. The guitar, while using passive pups, has a preamp. The specs on the preamp are long lost to me, but in general it has a gain control and 3 eq switches (basically 3 switches that boost lows/mids/highs) on the actual preamp card. As far as controls on the outside of the guitar, there is only volume and a 5 position toggle.

My problem is, I can't seem to decide on whether I should bypass that preamp or not. I like the preamp, but don't know how the jb will work with it. This guitar is mainly being used for classic rock (Aerosmith, Van Halen, ACDC, etc....).

Re: Wiring question

The JB should work fine with the guitars internal preamp, but the only way to know for sure is to try it. I've installed SD pickups into guitars with active preamps before and the results were always excellent.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
    X