Hum noise problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum noise problem

Hi. Im new here sir. Thank you for your help in advance. �� So i'm restoring a fender jag( it's been stock for about 5 years), and all of it's electronic parts wear out, only switches survived, that's why I changed the others. After I've done soldering and wiring up, i now start connecting it to the amp.

Okay now, the problem is, i turn on my amp and it started creating humming or ground noise, and i think it's a grounding issues so i add some groundings by putting it to the other back of the pots and still i have this noise and when i touch the metal parts it stops, i also figured something out that when i turn up my tone pot max while the volume pot is turned max too, it silenced, but when i turn a little in my tone pot then the noisy sound are here again. What is the problem or where is the noise coming from? Please help me how to fix this. My head is nearly to blow.
    Last edited by Vincent Magpayo; 02-28-2017, 10:01 AM.

Re: Hum noise problem

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...9-Ground-noise..
    Last edited by Clint 55; 02-28-2017, 05:42 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Touching which metal parts causes the hum? Are you checking for ground continuity with a multimeter?

Do you have the bridge/tremolo grounded (usually done with a guitar string from the control cavity to the bridge cups, see below?)
      Is all your brass shielding connected to ground?
      Are both pickup claws grounded?

One nice thing about Jaguars is that the metal plates help ground all the switches. Jaguars should be very quiet in terms of buzz/hum.

Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Good to know.

Comment

I use multitester and check its continuity for the groundings and yes it has. When i touch the metals where the pots are connected and switches, the hum/buzz are gone. When I turn down the tone pot it gets worser and loud and also when I turned off the neck and bridge switches it gets louder. Huhu.

Comment

Oh I forgot, my wirings are not yet assembled to the guitar. Is it thegroundings causing the noise or there's a bad pot or cap?

Comment

I am using this diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by memilee View Post
                Good to know.
                Yas, English is a wonderful skill.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Posting some pictures (and maybe even some audio) of the wiring from a few angles will help the good people here sort this out for you. Usually it is a ground problem, and a simple fix. Sometimes staring at wiring for a long time will make anyone's head explode, so take your time with this, and we can help sort it out (post pics).
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Buzz will also often be greatly reduced when you touch the strings or any other metal part of the guitar,sometimes accompanied by an audible click, whereas hum will remain unchanged.

Comment

Working...
                    X