pickups for custom guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for custom guitar

I might get a custom guitar built for me. I'm thinking about getting a strat made out of mahogany with either HSS or HSH pickup configuration. I'm thinking in will have an all maple neck also and a standard strat bridge. Which pickups would you recommend for the bridge position? I want a versatile pickup that can get from Brian May to Van Halenish to Aerosmith tones.

Re: pickups for custom guitar

H-S-H would be pretty cool, you could put an EVH custom shop pickup in the bridge and put something like an antiquity humbucker in neck and an antiquity single coil for middle. that sounds like a pretty cool guitar!

Comment

I mean just for the bridge pickup, for single coils i'm thinkin of the SSL2's and for the neck a Seth Lover. By the way , does a seth lover come uncovered?

Comment

i think you can order it from there uncovered. and im pretty sure it wont cost anything.
        for the bridge pickup, i really like the idea of the EVH 78' humbucker. i've heard it nails those tones you mentionrd.

Comment

Comment

if you want a less expensive alternative, a '59 bridge should also be good.

the 59 is a good PAF pickup, i used to have one in my "shred" guitar. it sounded great but wasn't hot enough for that axe. but i think the 59 is a good choice for what you mentioned.

Comment

A pair of Seths and one of the SSLs would be very cool for what you want to do. The 59 in the bridge is another good choice.
              www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
              www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
              X