tele hb swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tele hb swap

i have a mim tele with factory installed neck hb and a five way switch. i'm going to swap the hb for a seymourized mini hb. both are four wire pickups. my question is this; do the wire colors coincide? can i wire the mini the same way the stock fender pup is with respect to the wire colors? i have read that sometimes the hot and ground wires need to be swapped sometimes, but can find no wiring diagram that matches my config. thanks for any help.

Re: tele hb swap

anyone???

Comment

What colors are the wires from the factory-installed humbucker? What brand is it? If it's a Duncan humbucker, they'll match. If it's not, they won't.
      -Butch

Comment

red,green,black,white. it's a fender pickup. do ya know, then, how i should wire it?

Comment

I'm not sure about Fender humbuckers, but If you want to wire your Duncan together with the stock single coil, you need to use green as your hot lead, black and bare to ground, and solder white and red together and tape them off. This will give you standard series humbucking operation.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The SD STL-2 Hot Tele lead I put in my Fender HS Tele had to be reversed wired to match the stock Fender Atomic II HB, so my guess is that they will be reversed. At least a Tele isn't too difficult to rewire if it doesn't work the first go round (just a minor PITA).

Comment

Working...
            X