Charvel govan PU's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel govan PU's

I played an ash Charvel Govan model and I'm in love. Its one of the best guitars I've ever played! Can someone explain the fender-designed pickups to me? why did the guitar sound so good?
    Last edited by Hot Octopus; 05-19-2017, 08:53 AM.
    18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Re: Charvel govan PU's

Never played one LOL but didn't he used to play Suhr with their SSH+ pickup? Maybe they just did something similar?

Comment

The Charvel pickups have a balanced tone and good clarity in the demos. What do you like most about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Teleplayer View Post
        The Charvel pickups have a balanced tone and good clarity in the demos. What do you like most about it?
        ****ing everything. MOre meat than a JB in the bridge, jazzy neck, 2 & 4 positions sounded funky, there was a coil tap mini switch and it sounded super-straty, but better than average for a coil tsap. it was just so sexxy! it could do everything.
        18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Sounds like you should get a set, lol

Comment

Would be even better with roughcast, grassfed, cagefree magnets LOL.....
            Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
            Marshall JVM410H
            Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
            Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
            Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
            Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
            Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

To avoid any let down, you may need to buy the guitar to go with the pups

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Octopus View Post
                I played an ash Charvel Govan model and I'm in love. Its one of the best guitars I've ever played! Can someone explain the fender-designed pickups to me? why did the guitar sound so good?
                more meat than a JB? that sounds like a really hot pickup, his Suhr SSH+ was based on a JB so maybe the charvel bridge pickup is as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

more meat than a JB? that sounds like a really hot pickup, his Suhr SSH+ was based on a JB so maybe the charvel bridge pickup is as well?
                  More output =/= meatier tone than JB.

I have hybridized a JB with a pegasus and added an alnico II. Arguably a 'weaker' pickup than the JB or even the Pegasus itself, but due to how the harmonics work and the AlnicoII filling out the upper mids and softening the highs, this pickup feels HUGE, Thick yet clear and crunchy, chewy yet fluid. Unlike anything in the SD lineup, frankly.

Comment

That guitar is a thing of beauty and a masterpiece. Truly a top notch instrument.

The Perpetual Burn is not as hot as the JB but is definitely meatier than the JB to my ears and in my experience with both.

Comment

Originally posted by MkIII Renegade View Post

That is absolute gold! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        That guitar is a thing of beauty and a masterpiece. Truly a top notch instrument.

The Perpetual Burn is not as hot as the JB but is definitely meatier than the JB to my ears and in my experience with both.
                        really? from what i have heard the PB seems like a hotter 59, very clean but a little thin, whereas the JB sounds really thick

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

really? from what i have heard the PB seems like a hotter 59, very clean but a little thin, whereas the JB sounds really thick
                          Oh, the PB is clean, as in articulate, but it is most certainly thick.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Oh, the PB is clean, as in articulate, but it is most certainly thick.
                            have you ever been able to compare it with the Govan bridge pickup? I've heard the full shred is pretty close to it

Comment

Originally posted by MkIII Renegade View Post

This goes ony my list of faves, right beside "true bypass tonewoods".

Comment

Working...
                              X