banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with pickups for a newbie!! Epiphone g-310?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pickups for a newbie!! Epiphone g-310?

I'm new to the forums and new to guitars I've been playing for a little while and don't know alot yet.Anyways I own a Epiphone g-310 (emily the strange limited edition) and I want to change the pickups on it.All i know is that they are 2 open coil humbuckers.First of all I have know Idea what that means and second of all I don't know what Seymour Duncan pickups would work.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in avdance,Nik.

Re: Help with pickups for a newbie!! Epiphone g-310?

"Open coil" just means the pickup is not covered (nickel cover). As for pickup choice, it really depends on the sound you are going for. What do you play? I think the JB sounds great in mahogany (I am assuming that is what it is made out of), it is a versitile bridge pickup. A set of '59s would work well for a good range of music. I don't have experience with the Customs, but I'm sure someone will be along to shed some light on those.

Comment

The body material is Alder, if that helps.I play alot stuff, evrything except country.

Comment

hmm... im not sure as to what kind of music your interested in... but an set of Invaders would sound badass, cosmetically, they'd look quite good too. Of course, if you don't just want out and out brute force and more of a vintage tone, then the Custom Custom/Alnico II Pro set works nicely for more classic rock.
        chimaeraSUN
        Ernie Ball MusicMan Y2D (Dimarzio Steve Morse Bridge/Neck)
        Washburn WI200PRO (SD Custom Custom/'59)
        Ovation 1778-T Blue Flames
        1989 Charvel Spectrum (Tone Zone S/Area 61/Air Norton)

Line 6 HD147
        Crybaby 535Q
        Digitech Whammy
        Boss HR-2/LS-2/AC-2

Comment

Hey man WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

If you are wanting a warm creamy sound with definition and some punch in the bridge then I'd suggest going with Lateralus' idea with an Alnico 2 neck and a Custom Custom bridge. The Custom Custom is very able to switch styles and has a large mid spike with a round low end and smooth highs.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
          X