banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pickup for praise and worship music in a les paul...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pickup for praise and worship music in a les paul...

I use a seth lover in the neck and and a 59 in the bridge for my humbucking tone at church, it works nice a very smooth round sounding mixing of the Alnico 2 and Alnico 5 sound. I can imagine a set of antiquitys would sound even better. Playing in church I generally look for a very very very warm round tone when I solo the hot stuff just doesnt seem to work.
    Guitars
    MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
    MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
    Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
    Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
    MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
    70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
    Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
    Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

Playing in church I generally look for a very very very warm round tone when I solo the hot stuff just doesnt seem to work.
      JimiHWB, what do you mean by hot stuff? Would you put the JB in that category?

Comment

Aquire the Fire is a band? I thought it was the event itself, featuring a bunch of christian bands...

Comment

Yeah, ATF isn't a band. Maybe they put together a band for the event or something.
          teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

well, people just here the standard pop christian music and then determine that it's all slow, boring stuff.

they havent heard dilerious, or Kutless

the pearly gates looks like it'd be pretty cool, or the screamin demon
            maybe the WFD humbucker with the F****** rails

Comment

Yeah, they may not be slow and boring, but they aren't to original. Delirious is CLEARLY ripping off U2's sound constantly. They've openly admitted to it.
              teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

Working...
              X