Anyone else use a C5 in a Tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else use a C5 in a Tele?

I wasn't sure if this was more a "guitar" question, or a "pickup" question, so I'll put it here.

Keeping in mind, that I've never played a "real" Tele, I just can't get over how good this thing sounds in mine. I think its the first guitar/pickup combo where I would actually use the bridge by itself. It has a great Tele/country twang, yet remains rich and full.

One of the other things that strikes me about this, is its sensitivity to where I pluck the strings. A very country twang, when plucked right over the pup, which starts to refine and mellow as you pluck closer to the neck.

Anyone else ever put a Custom 5 in a Tele?

Artie

Re: Anyone else use a C5 in a Tele?

BUMP, I want to know too............btw are u using alder or ash?

Comment

Basswood.

Comment

In my Ibanez Roadstar basswood body the C5 is very good as well because the basswood is full of mids .

Comment

I've always thought the C-5 was the most 'straight up the middle' Duncan humbucker.
          That's why it's my favorite pickup...since I can put one in any guitar and know that it'll sound good. Any guitar that has it's own nice natural mids always sounds good with the C-5. Then, if you decide you want less output, you can get a 59. If you want more low mids, get a CC. More high mids? Get a JB. If you want more aggression, get a Custom.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            I've always thought the C-5 was the most 'straight up the middle' Duncan humbucker.
            That's why it's my favorite pickup...since I can put one in any guitar and know that it'll sound good. Any guitar that has it's own nice natural mids always sounds good with the C-5. Then, if you decide you want less output, you can get a 59. If you want more low mids, get a CC. More high mids? Get a JB. If you want more aggression, get a Custom.
            Thats an interesting way to look at it. I've copy-and-pasted those comments into a note to myself. (In my "guitar notes" folder.)

Whats funny is, when I got my first set of Duncans, from Lew, which was a 59n/C5, my first thought was that the C5 was a bit too "twangy" for my tastes. Eventually, I replaced it with a bridge 59, which is in there now.

I tried the C5 in the Genny, to replace the JB, which was good, but didn't quite match the QP's all that well. To me, the C5 seems like the almost perfect, (if not the perfect), Tele bridge pup. Which is why I wondered if anyone else thought so.

I'll have to see if I can go into my favorite guitar store, and play a real Tele, just to see how it compares.

Comment

I think there is a bit of twang to a C-5, as well as the tight lows, which is it's best attribute. I jump between strats and pauls, so I prefer Pauls that have a bit of snap in the high end and not really bulky mids.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X