Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tele pup configs... suggestions?

hey guys
    just wanted some general feedback on sum tele pickup configs.
    ive been reading a tiny lil bit and ive started to really like the tele look and shape. however im not much a fan of the original tone. im very into rock and blues but yeah suggestions?. im thinking of maybe a Vintage Rhythm Stack® in the neck and a Little '59™ in the bridge. anyone can give suggestions what that would give me?. im getting a SSS strat soon aswell but would really be my blues guitar..with sum fender custom shops maybe and my les paul would b for that crunch i want in rock and the searing lead tone. i want this tele to be somewhere in between give both maybe like a single coil in the neck? or a bucker in the bridge i dunno, please give sum suggestions?
    -ben
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: tele pup configs... suggestions?

Originally posted by benbenben
    im thinking of maybe a Vintage Rhythm Stack® in the neck and a Little '59™ in the bridge
    I know this is an old thread, but i'm thinking of getting those exact pickups in one of my teles this april...if you got it, let me know how it turned out

James

Comment

Maybe Stevo can give you a hand on this one
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I'm currently installing Antiquity PuPs in my tele and am pretty excited about getting the string on this baby to hear how they sound!!!

I've always been a big fan of the Tele neck sound. I think it sounds gorgeous, especially when playing a solo gig. A really solid modern tele player would be Jeff Buckley. This is where my fascination began with these guitars; they are quite mysterious guitars.

Don't rule out placing a double-sized humbucker in the neck either, that might be my next experiment...

hmm...
        Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
        Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
        Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
        Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

Working...
        X