Twang Banger feedback...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twang Banger feedback...

I got microphonic high feedback, it's impossible to turn the amp up with gain...
    I have a noise suppressor, but when I'm playing a lot of high feedback append.

Did someone tried the wax ?

I think that the copperplated baseplate must be free of vibration to cure the problem.

Am I wrong ?

Re: Twang Banger feedback...

I've had some luck with putting a couple pieces of black electrical tape across the bottom sides of microphonic pickups. If the coil windings or nickel cover are vibrating, you usually need to pot them. On singles, sometimes the vibration is happening between the pickguard and pickup, so a few strips of tape dampens their connection to each other. Worth a try, at least.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Check for a poorly waxed plate on the bottom of your TB....That happened to me with mine also...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I potted the pickup and it's solved the problem.

Thanks to all

Comment

Working...
        X