Help needed About Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed About Pickups

I just a got a Fernandes Dragonfly Electric Guitar and it has 2 single coil pickups and 1 humbucker... I wanted to know which Seymour Duncan Humbucker should i get because i want more power and distortion in the sound...i want to play like iron maiden......the single coils and the humbucker are made by Fernandes and are covered...

Re: Help needed About Pickups

Originally posted by Ahmadali
    ...are made by Fernandes and are covered...
    That alone isn't going to prevent you from playing like Iron Maiden...

I don't know what the output of the Fernandes pickups is, but from the sound of it, what you are looking for are very high output pickups. My suggestion would be to go for something like the SD Distortion Trembucker and something like the SD Li'l Screamin' Demon to replace the single coils. However, with the latter, you'll lose the tradtional single coil sound...

Take a look at SD's spec sheet: http://www.basslines.com/website/tonechart.shtml#hum to get an idea of the outputs of the individual pickups.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Does any one know what pickups does ADRIAN SMITH of IRON MAIDEN use in his Fender Fat Strat and i just wanna replace the HUMBUCKER help me what pickups should i replace the fernandez Humbucker isnt as loud and there is no distortion so help me plz

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmadali
        Does any one know what pickups does ADRIAN SMITH of IRON MAIDEN use in his Fender Fat Strat and i just wanna replace the HUMBUCKER help me what pickups should i replace the fernandez Humbucker isnt as loud and there is no distortion so help me plz
        To my ears it sounds as if he is using a Distortion....maybe JB. The bridge pup has a lot of grind and output. The neck and middle sound like a SSL1.

Luke
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I thought maiden used hot rails for the single coils.
          Speak through your fingers

Comment

Originally posted by vinterland
            I thought maiden used hot rails for the single coils.
            Dave Murray does, but Jannick uses JBjrs, Adrian uses some SSH strats.

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
            X