X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tumad
    replied
    I wonder if someone could help me.
    I want to remove completely the dyna switch as I dont use it at all but want that switch to rather split to the bridge coil and position 4 to be middle and bridge coil similar to a HSS strat. Those are the only combos I need. I hope the pic below helps. So bridge position switch down is humbucker, switch up is split to the coil nearest the humbucker. Position 4 is middle and humbucker bridge coil as per SSS.
    many thanks everyone
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	6200260

Leave a comment:

• Juanhanglo
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    Re: HSS guitar: new Ibanez dyna-MIX9 switching

why not this?

Schematic diagrams for Free-Way 5B5-01, 5B5-02 & 3B3-01 Blade switch models. Dimensional templates also provided.

the 2x5 way blade does just what you want, it solders easily, super sturdy mechanism, and no extra toggle you need to have. I know what I'd want on my HSS guitar.
    These switches are great! They are super high quality.

I used the 3/6 way tele version in my strat.
    N, n/b, b on bank 1​​​
    b/m, m, b/m on bank 2.

Using 1 switch to access 10 different sounds on a strat or superstrat makes stage switching a breeze.

Leave a comment:

• DGSEY
    replied
    After success with rewiring the HSS AZ224 switching to another guitar (thanks to you guys!), did anyone work out the Ibanez H H AZ242 switching ?

Leave a comment:

• DGSEY
    replied
    Originally posted by TUnger View Post

It works in the guitar I have put together.
    I have drawn the complete wiring diagram for those who are interested:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90588[/ATTACH]
    ===============================
    Big thanks for this, I've completed the rewiring in a HSS guitar and it works great. cheers!

Leave a comment:

• DGSEY
    replied
    Originally posted by gregory View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88101[/ATTACH]

- 5-Way Super Switch
    - 3PDT toggle

Humbucker uses Duncan colors (black to hot, red/white for splitting, green and bare to ground)

Hot goes to your volume control. GND is ground.
    ======================
    Big thanks for this, I've completed the rewiring in a HSS guitar and it works great. cheers!

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarkBra
    replied

I have been looking for this scheme in many places, thank you very much!
    The scheme requires a 3PDT switch, but I am quite adamant to make another hole in the guitar shield to install a switch, I saw in this video the same system using a push-pull: (7) 9 TONES IN A STRATOCASTER GUITAR | dyna-MIX9 switching system w/Push Pull - YouTube
    I did not find a potenciometer with a push-pull 3PDT, only DPDT...
    how to use this scheme using a push-pull?

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Because the neck & middle "hots" go to different positions on the Superswitch. They need independent functionality for that switching scheme to work.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    That would be really difficult, if not impossible, because the neck/middle are sometimes in series. That complicates things. Maybe one of the younger guru's will chime in.
    why wouldn't it work if I run each hot signal from mid and neck through a pot first? I'm not seeing why that can't work but then again, I'm not that much of a wiring buff. I can think up crazy stuff but can't design it haha

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

BUMP.

Is it possible to have this wiring with volume pots for mid+neck and bridge?
    That would be really difficult, if not impossible, because the neck/middle are sometimes in series. That complicates things. Maybe one of the younger guru's will chime in.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

BUMP.

Is it possible to have this wiring with volumepots for mid+neck and bridge?

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

The thing is, I've got this crazy notion that I want this in an HSS LP as well as an HH LP where I use the two coils of the neck humbucker as if it's two singlecoils. four pots, 1 push pull, 5 way blade and we're off. And yes, I have a 500K 4 pole pushpull pot

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

THANKS! Looks/sounds like a plan.

One final question.

I want individual volume/tone controls; 1 set for the bridge and 1 set for the neck/middle combination.

Can that be done? I do have a few 500K dual gang pots laying around, if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

I would like to follow up on this wiring. I really wish to use this one but there is one position I don't find appealing and I wish it could be different. In setting 1, you have the bridge humbucker full. Would it be possible to alter this wiring in such a way that you can have the outer bridge humbucker coil?
    On the lower left quadrant, reverse the two connections at "out" and #4. (Red arrows.) Be sure to move both red wires that are on #4. Then add a jumper between to the two "5's".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez AZ HSS_Dyna-MIX9_diagram_mod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	5818333
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-26-2020, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

I would like to follow up on this wiring. I really wish to use this one but there is one position I don't find appealing and I wish it could be different. In setting 1, you have the bridge humbucker full. Would it be possible to alter this wiring in such a way that you can have the outer bridge humbucker coil?

Leave a comment:

• MudTaco
    replied

Is that diagram correct? In position 2 the bridge pickup is in parallel still, not in series? If so, is there a way to do everything else the same, but have the bridge in series when the mini switch is in position 2 (series position)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X