Heavy Metal Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal Setup

I am building a "Strat" style guitar from scratch. The pick-ups that I would like to use are the "SHR-1 Hot Rails"(middle), "SH-2N Jazz"(Neck) and the "SH13 Dimebucker" for the bridge. Can anyone tell me if the configuration will fly?

Thanx

Re: Heavy Metal Setup

My question is why you are building a Strat type guitar for Metal. When I think of Metal, i certainly dont think of strats. But that is just me! They should all work nicely, although I would DEFINATELY get a Distortion instead of the Dimebucker. DD bridge and Jazz neck is Dave mustaines set up, and I am pretty sure Tom Morello Uses hotrails, so that set up should be great (besides my suggestion for the DD of course). What will you be playing out of? Also what wood will you be making the guitar out of?
    Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

I'm using a Line6 SpiderII with a PODXT. The body is alder with a maple neck and an ebony fingerboard. I'm also going to put an "Earvana" nut on this one.

Comment

Dave Mustaine plays JB, not DD...

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Schecter006Elite
          My question is why you are building a Strat type guitar for Metal. When I think of Metal, i certainly dont think of strats.
          When I think of metal, I think of Maiden... and when I think of Maiden - I think of Strats. Go with Hotrails in the neck, JB Jr. in the middle and a DMZ Super Dist. in the bridge

Fluid like lead tones, knife-edge lead tones, balls-to-the-walls rhythm tones, all in one guitar.
          Originally posted by Kanye West
          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

How are you building the "strat"?
            1) Bolt on or set neck
            2) maple cap or no cap

If it is set neck/ maple cap, it should behave like a Les Paul. I like either setup
            D custom / 59 or Dimarzio Superdistortion / 59.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
              +1

Your pick-up combination will work. With 3 pups you will have a WHOLE BUNCH of pick-up options for different sounds.
              And the Dimebucker definetly rocks especially if you want to try and sound anything like dimebag.
              Rock On
              ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
              2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
              Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Alex

Alex
                Well he played a DD when he first got famous and he actually sounded good, he switched later on, and every new megadeath album has gotten worse and worse, so tha kinda tells you something. DD's flippin rule.
                Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

Working...
                X