Wierd but awesome circumstance, now I need help yet again please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd but awesome circumstance, now I need help yet again please

Recently an exact copy of my guitar (A Fender Showmaster, Basswood Body, Hardtail Bridge, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard with MoP Scorpion) has been made available to me. I am dead set to buy it as I love this guitar and it feels like home to me (ya know that feeling?).

I haven't recieved my Dimebucker and 59 yet for my other but I want to go for a different style for this one. Lately I really have grown to like the lead work of the guy in this band:

The songs "Magic Sticks in December" and "Empty Bottle Translations" really show what I like.

What SD would do this running through a Mesa Single Rectifier and Mesa 4x12? If it can clean up like this guy's does it would be a plus (Picture on the site shows him using the Telecaster version of my Strat with the scorpion which only has one bucker).

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
    Last edited by Mllerrin; 03-10-2005, 11:26 PM.
    Peavey Classic 50 2x12

Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH
    Fender Showmaster

Korg Pitchblack
    Boss Ph-2
    MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Re: Wierd but awesome circumstance, now I need help yet again please

Hate to be a nuisance so I'll add more I guess (so technically I lied lol)

To save you time the song "Magic Sticks in December" really show the tone I'm going for for this guitar.

I was thinking Full Shred Neck but heard of bassiness which isn't what I really hear. Maybe if I kept it as a rhythm pickup (A custom or custom 5 might do a better job here but that might be too high output). To me the Custom 5 or Custom would be good for the bridge.

Would the Full shred pull off the lead work, keep in mind with the 24 frets the neck pickup is brighter than most 22 fret guitars.

Sorry about the nuisance.
    Peavey Classic 50 2x12

Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH
    Fender Showmaster

Korg Pitchblack
    Boss Ph-2
    MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

Re: Wierd but awesome circumstance, now I need help yet again please

bump for the brutha ... sorry, cant help directly as i have no experience in that arena .. but i didnt want to see this slip to page two without someone jumping in to help

good luck
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
      X