banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American strat - Hot Rail/JB/Vintage Rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American strat - Hot Rail/JB/Vintage Rail?

I just got myself a white american strat with a maple neck. I'm thinking of putting a Hot Rails in the bridge, JB in the middle, and a Vintage Rails in the neck. I want a hard rock/metal sound but I also want a decent clean sound. Is this a good combo? I know Dave Murray from Iron Maiden has a strat with all Hot Rails and I like his tone...but I still want a good clean.

Re: American strat - Hot Rail/JB/Vintage Rail?

bump

and by JB I mean JB jr.

Comment

I wouldnt put a JB in the middle. My choice would be

n / m / b
      HR VR JBjr
      HR VR HR
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Why would you put a HR in the neck and a JB jr in the bridge? That's like putting a Dimebucker in the neck and a 59 in the bridge... And yes I know Dave Murray has that in his sig Strat, but it still makes no sense. If anything I'd have the HR in bridge, VR in mid and lil 59 in neck.

Comment

i like JBjr (b) / HR(m) / HR (n) ... i bet that guitar would be versatile as heck and sound incredible ... i was skeptical abot a HR(n) until i played one ... it sounded incredible ...

good luck
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I have an HR in the bridge of my MIM strat and I love it, also got one in the neck. very sweet tone.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
            Squier P-Bass
            Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

I've got a HR bridge and Cool Rails in the neck and middle in one of my strats.

I tried a vintage rails in the middle at first. I didn't like the vintage rail. Way to twangy and shrill with any pot. and cap. set up. Just my opinion though.

I really want to try a JB jr in the bridge(even though the HR is great), but I'm leaving the cool rails in the neck and mid. They are a little cleaner than the HR
              and kinda have that stratty neck tone.

I'd go CR in any position over VR.

Comment

Working...
              X