banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the new Red Devil for Strat Set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the new Red Devil for Strat Set!

Red Devil for Strat Set

We all know everything is bigger in Texas—and it’s hard to imagine a bigger tone than Texas-born Billy Gibbons’ 1959 Les Paul, Pearly Gates. Renowned for his highly distinct tone, Billy Gibbons has never been one to limit himself to a single guitar. Needing to recreate his legendary 59’ humbucker tone but in a Strat-sized single coil route, Billy placed a call to La Maestra, Maricela “MJ” Juarez. From their conversation a new pickup set was born and is destined to be as legendary as the Texas rocker himself.​​​​​​​ All the fat, P.A.F. tone and Texas hot-sauce sizzle of Billy’s favorite was recreated in a pickup that will fit in any Strat-sized single coil route—proving tone as big as Texas can come in deceptively small packages.
    The Red Devil for Strat set features three unique pickup winds, with specially calibrated Alnico 5 magnets. The bridge is wound like an extra spicy P.A.F., with enough meat to beef up your Strat and provide the fat tone of Billy’s #1. The neck and middle step back the heat a little and brush on sweet, smoky blues—ideal for cleans, rhythm, or lead.

Read more about this set here.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: Introducing the new Red Devil for Strat Set!

Was just reading the email about this. I really dig the Lil Screamin Demon in the bridge of my G&L, but I think I may want to beef up the mids slightly with one of these. Should be a good match also with the middle and neck Quarter Pounds.

Comment

Those look interesting, but I wonder how different they are from Lil 59's?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        Those look interesting, but I wonder how different they are from Lil 59's?
        They sound a little brighter to me, but I'd rather have an official word on this.

Comment

As an admin, don't they just send you a free set?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            As an admin, don't they just send you a free set?
            Ha! No, I hear about this stuff when you do!

Comment

I know. I was kidding.

Comment

Finally an Alnico V based set, the custom shop 78 for strat and pg for strat were a little weak by comparison to the lil 59, which is just so darn punchy. Hopefully this will remedy that and have a little better cleans than the ceramic models.

Comment

I am sure more videos and clips will be coming soon. Certainly once these get out in the wild, we will hear how they compare with other pickups.

Comment

Is this what was the CS Pearly Gates for Strat? Was a CS PG strat bridge in a local shop I looked at here a few weeks back.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

The CS PG is lower output and has an A2 magnet.

Comment

Yeah, I am not thinking they are the same. I think (and I am sure I will be corrected if wrong) the Red Devils are a new design.

Comment

the cs pg is different, 11.5k and a2 vs 14k and a5. also red devils are non-cs. the lil pg is a cool pup for sure! looking forward to trying the red devils at some point

Comment

Score, I was just thinking we needed some more non-CS single coil sized humbuckers. I honestly think SD needs to expand their range in this area.

Edit: If you're taking suggestions, I think a revamp of the Quarter Pound, single coil sized P90 thing is in order.
                            Last edited by Chistopher; 09-14-2018, 03:16 PM.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              Score, I was just thinking we needed some more non-CS single coil sized humbuckers. I honestly think SD needs to expand their range in this area.
                              Agreed. I would also say while the Hot Rails is a good pickup, there is a lot of potential for other higher output single coil sized HBs. I recently ordered a Satch Track and hope it works, but I definitely would have pounced on a single-coil sized Sentient neck. As for a bridge, wouldn’t it be cool to have one in the 14k output area with clarity and punch?

Comment

Working...
                              X