Pickups for Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for Strat

I am thinking of replacing my Strat's Lace sensors with something new. I quite like the power and sound of the pickups individually, but hate the in-between 2 & 4 sounds. I have a G&L with SSL-1's fitted and love the clarity, and bell like tone, but would prefer a little more beef for the bridge. I would prefer to steer clear of humbuckers. I play blues and classic rock, and would need something that would allow me to stretch from Pink Floyd to heavy rock.
    Any thoughts, my wise forum bretheren?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Pickups for Strat

After a little thought, I might consider single sized humbuckers with a coil tap.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

if you like the SSL-1's but want more klick from the bridge I would say go for a pair pf SSL-1'a in the neck and middle and a Twangbanger in the bridge. If you want an amazing set with tons of tone and mojo get a set of Antiquity Surfers in the neck and middle and an Antiquity I Custom bridge in the bridge...now that's good tone!!! Either way I think you will be happy, the first combo will run you around $160-175, the second set will run you about $250 but is well worth it!!!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

here's my local builder's favorite set:
        APS neck/ SSL mid/ SSL-3 bridge

you could get a tapped SSL-3 for the bridge if you want a couple choices for the #1 & 2 positions
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          if you like the SSL-1's but want more klick from the bridge I would say go for a pair pf SSL-1'a in the neck and middle and a Twangbanger in the bridge. If you want an amazing set with tons of tone and mojo get a set of Antiquity Surfers in the neck and middle and an Antiquity I Custom bridge in the bridge...now that's good tone!!! Either way I think you will be happy, the first combo will run you around $160-175, the second set will run you about $250 but is well worth it!!!
          Word.

Comment

Working...
          X