banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do tele neck pickups come with body-mount or pickguard-mount screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do tele neck pickups come with body-mount or pickguard-mount screws?

Simple question: If I were to purchase an Alnico II tele neck pickup, would it come with the traditional body-mount screw hardware or would it come threaded for pickguard-mounted machine screws?

My apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. I just want to be sure I order the right pickguard/pickup combination.

Re: Do tele neck pickups come with body-mount or pickguard-mount screws?

I think you have to make the thread in the fibreboard baseplate anyhow......thats been my experience in the similar Fender style pickups. So it could come with either.....as it seems there are quite a number of models sporting both versions of mounting.
    Do you have an existing guitar that has hardware already.....as you could simply use that, or is the pickguard purchase an indication of a wholly new guitar??
    Last edited by AlexR; 10-12-2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

All of the tele neck pickups I’ve dealt with come with pickguard mounting hardware. I’ve never seen one body mounted. (Doesn’t mean they done come that way, I’ve just never seen it. )

Comment

FWIW All my Tele necks are body mount. (Fender TexMex, Fender TwistedTele, Duncan 1955 Antiquity)

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          All of the tele neck pickups I’ve dealt with come with pickguard mounting hardware. I’ve never seen one body mounted.
          Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          FWIW All my Tele necks are body mount.
          Love it. This is why I ask. I guess I should just order the neck pickup and then see what I get before I make the pickguard.

Comment

my am std from the 80's is body mounted, thats the way they used to all be.

Comment

I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath...

I ordered and received an Alnico II neck pickup. It came with wood screws and latex tubing for body mounting.

Comment

Yep, all SD Tele neck pickups to my knowledge come with wood screws for body-mounting, and are not threaded for pickguard mounting. This is in accordance with vintage Fender specs, which is Seymour's preference.

Comment

Yep, all of mine are body mount.

Here's a little hint for you. The typical Tele pickguard covers up the pup height adjusting screws so you usually have to take off the pickguard to adjust the height of the neck pup. All you need to do is drill small holes in the guard just above the height adjusting screws and barely large enough to get a small screwdriver through. Now you can adjust the pup without removing the guard.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X