Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about Jb Jr in TELE

Hello everyone..

I need help.. I have a Telecaster (alder+Rosewood fingerboard) guitar with Jb Jr in bridge. and I love that sound which Jb makes. On the other hand i was wishing to have a vintage sound in neck thats why i bought STR-1 for neck

Problem is;

1-I have 500k pots and those pots are some much for STR-1

2- in second switch position where two pups should mix.. Neck pup is dominating so much..

3-I bought that guitar from someone and that guy told me that i should re-install some capacitors as he has taken off them..

1-How can i make the STR-1 hotter without changing the pots?
    2-What can i do in switching to be able to obtain a balanced mix in second switch?
    3-Which capacitors should i use and how many? and where? considering the specialities of the guitar..

And a last question.. If you were having a tele with Jb Jr bridge.. What would be the neck PUP that you could choose.. and which pots and capacitors would you use?..

Thank you...

Re: Help about Jb Jr in TELE

Hi Istanbul,

Welcome to the forum. Firstly, you either have, in your Telecaster's bridge position, a Lil 59 or a HOt Rails model. Duncan doesn't make a JB jr. for Telecaster. Second, both the LIL 59 and the Hot Rails will probably be a little too hot for the STR-1. You might look to a lower output bridge pickup or a hotter neck pickup. Also, even with the single coil-size humbuckers, the standard pot value is still 250k.
    -Butch

Comment

Re: Help about Jb Jr in TELE

Hello Butch..

This Pup is Jb Jr... Its edge was cut and reformed for fitting to a TELE... I know that it sounds strange but i have seen that pup

The reason i bought STR-1 was combining two worlds... Bridge should scream and neck should cut the drive and give a bluesy sound.. Somehow i managed but as you have read i have problems..

Which bridge pup would you prefer in a Telecaster to combine with STR-1 ??

or Which neck pup would you prefer in a Telecaster to combine with Jb Jr

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
      X