59 or Jazz for Reggae?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 or Jazz for Reggae?

Im about to get one of these 2 pickups for the neck position....so i was wondering? 59 or Jazz for a reggae sound?

I bought a new custom tele FMT that has a reverse polarity 59 in the neck, and a pearly gates plus in the bridge. I'm gonna switch out the pearly gates with a JB, and I dont like the idea of the whole "reverse polarity" thing...so im gonna go with a regular 59 or a jazz.....any advice would be appreciated??

thank you
    jude

Re: 59 or Jazz for Reggae?

since jazz is probably a tad brighter with less/tighter bass, i bet that would be better for reggae, to make the chicka chicka sound and the chords sound super clear and tight
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Jazz. Do a coil split too, even better.

Comment

I like a split or single coil sound for Reggae and Ska. I use a split JB in the bridge, or a P-90.

Comment

this might be a stupid question but here it goes......the tele has a push/pull feature to switch it to single coil....now if i got new pickups, do you have to do anything to them to make them compatible to be able to go to single coil, or can you just put them in as is?

Comment

Originally posted by alouuu
            this might be a stupid question but here it goes......the tele has a push/pull feature to switch it to single coil....now if i got new pickups, do you have to do anything to them to make them compatible to be able to go to single coil, or can you just put them in as is?
            If your get pickups with four conductors (red, black, green, and white) wires you should be able to just pop them in. Manufacturers have different color codes (same colors, wires just do different things), but you are using Duncans so you are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by flank
              since jazz is probably a tad brighter with less/tighter bass, i bet that would be better for reggae, to make the chicka chicka sound and the chords sound super clear and tight
              That's pretty much my same reasoning for going with a Jazz for reggae.

Comment

Working...
              X