Benedetto A6, Bridge, rock, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedetto A6, Bridge, rock, etc?

Anybody have experience using the Duncan/Benedetto A6 in the bridge for rock music? (Rock, surf, country, blues, jazz, Hendrix, Paige, everything..)
    Would it be something like a hot PAF? like we often speak of here?
    - Seems not too far off from the Bro-Bucker..

I'm looking for something a bit hotter than the '59b, but not quite as hot as the SH14 Custom5, - both of which I like a lot.

I also like clips I've heard of the A6, but I haven't heard it used in the bridge for rock,etc.

Re: Benedetto A6, Bridge, rock, etc?

Thoughts? Anybody?

Comment

I've always wondered about the Benedetto pups, but they don't get much attention around here. There was somebody who used them here, but I don't remember who.

Comment

They sound beautiful in clips I've heard.
        Just haven't heard them do rock.
        Specs seem about right for hot PAFs.
        Maybe just a bit darker.

Comment

I've often wondered about alnico 6. One of these days I'll try it out in a PAF wind. I have a Burstbucker 2 that's just crying to be beefed up a little, but I think A8 might make it feel too modern.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Benedetto A6, Bridge, rock, etc?

Originally posted by matt239 View Post
            I'm looking for something a bit hotter than the '59b, but not quite as hot as the SH14 Custom5, - both of which I like a lot.
            That description is a Custom Shop Pearly Gates or Angus pickup.

S-Deco would also fit the bill.

Comment

You don't red a lot about them on here. My guess is the guitars they come stock on are way out of the range of most people on this forum, or that people who buy them don't spend much time on guitar forums. It isn't just here, I don't see much about them on any of the forums. Most stores don't keep them in stock, either, so that adds to the scarcity.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I find the inquiry a bit odd, as the Benedetto p'up was specifically designed for the neck position in a big-bodied, full hollow jazz Guitar, so I wonder what was the OP's motivation to ask about that p'up in the first place?

/Peter
                Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Back in the days before the Benedetto's were incorporated into the Duncan webpages, when Benedetto had there own pup page, there were both bridge and neck versions of the A6 and PAF. Looks like that may have changed now. I wish I had snagged an A6 set when they were available.

The Benedetto Benny still has the A6 pair. The "Benny" is definitely not "a big-bodied, full hollow jazz Guitar."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Benny.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5813896
                  Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-02-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

The A6 is nothing like a "hot PAF", it's way too polite

OP, if you want something in output and tone between the '59 Bridge and the Custom 5, there are 2 production models that easily fit the bill:

1) Screamin' Demon

2) PATB-3

Comment

Any Benedetto is one serious purchase, though. They aren't being sold like Les Pauls.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                        The A6 is nothing like a "hot PAF", it's way too polite

OP, if you want something in output and tone between the '59 Bridge and the Custom 5, there are 2 production models that easily fit the bill:

1) Screamin' Demon

2) PATB-3
                        you think the demon is hotter than the 59b? i dont hear it that way. they seem about the same output, just very different eq profile. the demon cuts better but i dont care for it. the patb3 is a terrific pup though

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          the patb3 is a terrific pup though
                          Super ditto. The PATB's seem to fly under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                            Super ditto. The PATB's seem to fly under the radar.
                            True. I haven't tried one. How would you describe their tone and response?
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have a pair of PATB-1's in my EPI LP Custom. I had the PATB-3 in the bridge first. I'd still like to get another PATB-3. (Blues Saraceno version.) They're kinda hard to describe because they don't have any distinguishable quirk. Like, no peaky midrange, or no growl, etc. They're like perfectly balanced, but in no way sterile. Great string to string balance, and no drop-off on deep string bends. The PATB-3 has a noticeable, yet subtle increase in "bite" over the PATB-1. Again, it's hard to describe in words. They're definitely worth a listen.

Maybe someone else who has them can chime in with a better description. And apologies to the OP for veering off topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X