banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you think of a phat cat/seth lover combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you think of a phat cat/seth lover combo?

I'd love to have a strat, but I just can't afford one and I don't want to sell my guitar. I use a split '59 neck exclusively, becuase I love the tone of a single coil in the neck. I think a Phat Cat would be a good thing for me.

Also, I'm not too big on the C5. Very scooped, and is a little on the bright side to my ears. I always turn up the mids a little more, and the treble down a bit when I use it. I would like something a little sweeter sounding, like an A2 magnet. I think the Seth is the pickup for me...

I get a really good rythm sound when I play in the middle position with the full bridge and split neck. So how do you think this combo would work?

Also, if you'd be willing to trade a '59 for a phat cat let me know. I'd also take a seth for a C5 and some extra cash.

Re: What would you think of a phat cat/seth lover combo?

i use a phat cat in the bridge with a seth in the neck of a sg type guitar, the opposite of what youre gonna do, but its a great combo. they balance well togeather and the combined tone is great

Comment

Re: What would you think of a phat cat/seth lover combo?

I have a set of Seths in a Gibson ES-137 and a Phat Cat in the neck slot of an ash Tele, and when I A/B them it sounds like you caould easily mix and match in terms of output with a little tinkering of relative pickup heights. Since they aren't in the same guitar, I can't comment on the combined tones, but if Jeremy likes it his way and Stevo liked it your way, then I'm sure there is good tone to be found there.

BTW, Jeremy, why did you go with the Seth in the neck and the PC in the bridge? Just curious, as I have an LP Studio coming up soon in the pickup swap rotation.

Comment

Working...
      X