Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting cover on the humbucker

Best Upright Vacuums of the Year - Consumer Reports

The commonest type of vacuum is the upright vacuum. Users of the vacuum technology refer to the upright vacuums as the standard. Despite having such quality, they are not all created equal. In other words, upright vacuums vary, sometimes, even with vast differences.

☼☼☼ Read More: Top rated vacuum cleaners​​​​​​

Making the right choice in buying the best upright vacuum cleaner can save you a lot of stress in getting rid of dust, pet hair, dirt, and debris, as well as keeping your home clean. This article, therefore, provides relevant details of the best and top rated upright vacuum cleaners for your selection purposes. The article also entails what and what to look out for when choosing your upright vacuums.

Best Top-Rated Upright Vacuums

1- Shark Navigator Powered Lift-Away NV586

The Shark Navigator Lift-Away stays as the best pick of the best upright vacuum category. It is an upright bagless vacuum that has received good reviews due to excellence in cleaning bare floors, pet hair, and performing nicely on carpets. Many reviews proof that it is rated among the best bagless vacuum in the world. Reviews on this product show that:

It has a powerful lift-away for pet fur pick up and areas that are hard to reach

Has crevice tools that make it easy to get into tight spaces, corners, and cracks.

HEPA filter which makes the vacuum a great choice for allergy sufferers

Fantastic clearing path of 12-inches with an 1140-watt motor

Easy fingertip reach controls

It is easy to push, pull, and carry around

It has strong suction.

30-foot long power cord

It has a smart design

It is the best upright vacuum for pet hair

2- Eureka Airspeed Unlimited Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum

It is rated among the best upright bagless vacuum models in the world right now. It is another upright vacuum that makes cleaning easier. Reviewers refer to it as a solid performer, especially among other upright vacuums. With the push of a button, it automatically rolls in the cord. Also, with its stretch hose, you can reach difficult spots and have dirt and debris easily cleaned up.

Eureka Airspeed Unlimited Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum has the following features:

On and off brush roll for hard floors and carpet cleaning

Washable dust cup which is a feature that eliminates buying and installing annoying bags

Allergen filters for dust swirling

Crevice tool and dusting brush

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

➾➾➾ You Might Also Enjoy: What to look for in a vacuum cleaner

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

3- Bissell 9595A Upright Vacuum with One-Pass

It is the best upright vacuum cleaner for people who want to own one of the best upright vacuums but with low budgets. It stays on top of other vacuums at low prices, even on upright vacuum cleaner reviews. It has the following features:

Powerful suction

An innovative brush that picks up plenty of debris at one pass

Brush tool that is good for furniture, stairs and other items

Easy-to-empty dirt tank with a washable foam type filter

Summarizing the upright vacuum cleaner reviews, users say that it is the best choice for low budget vacuum cleaner lovers. It does a great job of cleaning dirt and debris, especially for the home.

4- Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Bagged Upright Vacuum This vacuum cleaner is for those who would like to invest in an expensive vacuum for excellent cleaning. This product from Oreck makes vacuuming more enjoyable than ever. It is mostly so with this upright vacuum, because it easily moves as if it is self-propelled. Another fantastic feature of this vacuum is its ability to take care of under-furniture dirt, dust, and debris since it can be made to lie flat. Other great features of this include:

HEPA inner bag (it captures about 98% of dirt particles in the air)

Excellent cleaning of pile carpets and hard floors

Strong suction power

Lightweight construction that is slightly over seven pounds

Easy to use

The upright vacuum cleaner reviews show that it is loved more because it is a bagged vacuum with easy ways to change the bag. Plus, it is built in a way that, in the process of changing the bag, dirt does not spill.

5- Dyson Animal 2

Reviewers rate this upright vacuum cleaner as a top-rated in the category of the best upright vacuum for pet hair. There is no other vacuum that takes care of pet hair than the Dyson Animal 2. It is specifically for pet hair cleaning. It has a powerful suction that uses cyclonic technology. It does a deep cleaning on floors and picks up pet hair with great efficiency of cleaning style. The Dyson Animal 2 does not leave behind pet hair the way that other vacuums are most likely to. It picks up all the pet hair.

It has the following features:

Automatic floor detection

Strong suction power

Upholstery tool for pet hair

Easy to push around, even in tight spaces

Things to Consider in Buying the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Consider the accessories: The best upright vacuums are the ones that suck up pet hair, dust, dirt, and debris in great efficiency. However, if they can be converted to hand vacuums, you can directly target dirt any other things you wish to get rid of.

Before buying an upright vacuum that uses the best cleaning technology, consider your cleaning needs, and make sure the attachments it comes with match your cleaning needs. These attachments/accessories to look out for should include, but are not limited to, crevice tools, a pet hair attachment, and brush rolls.

Consider the weight: Put into consideration how much weight you would want to be pushing around when vacuuming your home. Users mostly prefer lightweight upright vacuums that are portable, handy, and make dirt easy to clean.

Consider whether it is a bag or bagless: Bagless vacuums save you the stress of frequently buying and replacing vacuum bags. Plus, they usually have reliable suction power. Choose wisely!

✜✜✜ Picked For You: Picking the Best Vacuum Cleaner: Our Expert Recommendation

The list of the best upright vacuums in this article was put together based on versatility, suction power, pet hair cleaning efficiency, bag or bagless vacuums, and accessories. Other considerations include their ratings in the best upright vacuum cleaner reviews, cleaning power, price, customer satisfaction, crevice tools, and other useful features. With all these highlighted characteristics, you will not fall short of making the best choice.
    Last edited by MikeBaker; 03-29-2023, 10:45 PM.

Re: Putting cover on the humbucker

Welcome to the forum!
    Many people say it affects the sound (it might sound darker), but by the time I get the guitar put back together, I can never tell. Certainly nothing a twist of the EQ on the amp can't compensate for.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It does dull the highs a bit and flattens the resonant peak. This is why players started taking them off back in the 60s.

Now they are fashionable, but they do alter the tone a bit. If it’s a bright pickup you might not notice it much.

When I had my 1980 LP Standard I removed the cover on the bridge pickup but left it on the neck. I liked the tone better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure it makes enough of a difference to talk about. I've had the same pickups both ways in the same guitar, and the main difference is how they look.

I have them on both of my LPs now. I put the Custom Shop Pearlies in my honey burst Traditional because those double creme bobbins looked fantastic in that guitar, but I took them out and put the Antiquities back in because they don't sound good in my Standard and sound amazing in the Traditional, whereas the Pearlies sound great in either one. And the double creme bobbins don't look good in my (vintage burst) Standard. The Ants are a mixed set with a double black bridge and a zebra neck, so I prefer those with the covers on whatever guitar they're in. So since the Antiquities are in the Trad and the Pearlies in the Standard, I prefer the look of both sets with the covers on.

In terms of tone, I put the covers back on the Pearlies while they were still in the Traditional. I'm sure there is a sonic difference, but it's not one that made any difference to me. They sound basically the same.
        Last edited by David Garner; 06-13-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

There is a big caveat, many cheaper covers will effect the tone significantly because they arent 100% magnetically transparent, brass or mystery pot metal will do this. But decent quality nickle covers have a very minimal impact on tone.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
            There is a big caveat, many cheaper covers will effect the tone significantly because they arent 100% magnetically transparent, brass or mystery pot metal will do this. But decent quality nickle covers have a very minimal impact on tone.
            I never thought about that. The ones I've used most recently both have nickel covers. I took the covers off the stock 490r/498t set a few weeks back and didn't notice a change, but that is relying on years of memory. Those are chrome, but I'm guessing they're decent enough quality too.

Comment

I want a nickel cover on my jason becker but that sucker sounds so perfect I'm afraid of changing it a bit

Comment

There is a slight difference if you do side-by-side recordings with the same amp setting (a forum member shared recordings with me a few years ago). Open coil has a little more alive sound and clearer high end. Not really a difference you could tell otherwise, and certainly nothing you could say "That's an open coil HB on that song", as there's many other factors involved EQ. Not something you could ever tell listening to a band onstage.
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Putting cover on the humbucker

Everyone saying “nickel,” you mean “nickel silver.” Covers might be nickel plated, but they aren’t made from nickel. Nickel silver is a type of white brass.

The thing with metal covers is how conductive they are. And how thick the cover is. Thinner is better.

Yellow brass is more conducive than nickel silver, which is brass with nickel added. The more conductive the cover is the more it will form eddy currents on the surface. Eddy currents are small, swirling electrical currents that are produced when a conductor is in a magnetic field. Anytime current flows it produces its own magnetic field. This field opposes the field from the pickup’s magnet.

This causes a loss of high frequencies and flattens the resonant peak of the pickup.

How noticeable this is depends on the strength of the pickup’s magnet, the composition of the cover, and how bright the pickup is.

Some pickup makers use eddy currents to shape the tone of the pickup.

Players stared taking covers off because the pickups sound brighter and more open. But that might not be the tone you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBaker View Post
                    Thinking of putting a cover on the humbucker in my guitar. does it effect the tone any or are covers just for looks?
                    Covers made of *metal* can change the sound subtley, which is what a lot of people are describing above.

Covers made of *plastic* do not. Another bonus is that they are less expensive than the metal ones.
                    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                    X